x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pencentra USB possibilities

HPCer Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 8:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi. I was looking through the list of hpcs and the Pencentra seemed to spark my interest, partly because of the usb host. I've heard of people's success with the USB Clik driver. So I have some questions on compatible hardware.
Here's a list of usb devices I was wondering if I could use:

• usb hub

• thumb drive

• hard drive

• cd rom

• digital camera

• mp3 player

• printer

Just tell me which of these devices works. I'd also like to here about other devices that work. Thanks.

Edited by HPCer 2007-09-17 9:08 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-18 8:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

USB hub: dunno yet
thumb drive: yes (with Clik! driver)
hard drive: yes (same comment)
CD-ROM: haven't tried it, but I strongly doubt it (dunno if H/PC 2000 even supports it)
digital camera: dunno (should work if the PenCentra identifies it as a mass storage device)
MP3 player: why? you can play MP3s on it already
printer: haven't tried any via USB (I have an IrDA-enabled printer with CE drivers)

I've also gotten an infrared mouse (with a USB-connected IR receiver) working with the PenCentra.
 Top of the page
HPCer Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just an update. A hub does work. I used a usb optical mouse while using a thumb drive too!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 9:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Cool.
 Top of the page
HPCer Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 9:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Totaly! I just tried a converter drive (CF to USB), it worked too!
 Top of the page
moon Page Icon Posted 2008-04-24 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi:

Was that converter for CF to USB to fit in a CF slot and if so where did you find it?
I am looking for one for my MobilePro 790.

Thanks
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-04-25 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm afraid he actually meant a CF card reader (or USB to CF adapter). A CF to USB adapter (Solar Express $85 and Ratoc $150) does exist but too expensive to consider at the moment. I believe CE Geek and I myself and probably other members are still watching the price.

Edited by CAuser 2008-04-25 12:14 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-04-25 4:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Watching it not budge, mostly.
 Top of the page
moon Page Icon Posted 2008-04-28 12:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi CAuser:

I know the Ratoc would not work for HPC 2000, because I sent a email to the manufacturer and they said it needs at least PocketPC 2003 or higher ( BTW there was an older model that may have worked but is no longer available) Would the Solar Express work on a MobilePro 790? Also as anybody seen or heard of the Netac UCF card which supposedly is th same type of device?

Thanks for your help
 Top of the page
Mystic-X Page Icon Posted 2009-02-25 9:42 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

so I tried an USB DVD ROM Writer, it becomes enough power to open and to rotate the disc, but its not shown as a drive under HPC Pro
maybe it will work under HPC 2000, but I don't see a chance to get a ROM module for my Pencentra 200....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-25 1:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's no way even an H/PC 2000 device could run a DVD burner, since there's no driver software for burning DVDs on any CE device that I'm aware of. (Even CD-ROM drives aren't supported before CE 4 .net AFAIK.) Kinda impractical anyway when the host device has less storage space than the target medium.
 Top of the page
ricercar Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Resurrecting thread instead of starting new

No matter what USB device I plug in, my new PenCentra 130 asks for a driver name. Mouse, Keyboard, thumbdrive, nothing is automatically recognized. I have no clue what string it's asking for. USB HID, USB KEYBOARD, USB STORAGE, KEYBOARD are not recognized appropriately, and produce an error dialogue that I'm not remembering exactly at the moment. What's needed here?

What's the Clik driver? From the Iomega Clik drive?

Edited by ricercar 2009-06-25 8:04 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 4:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Microsoft-compatible USB mice and keyboards should work out of the box.

Clik! driver: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=508&pn=1&mstrcat=17&s...
 Top of the page
ricercar Page Icon Posted 2009-06-26 5:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Microsoft-compatible USB mice and keyboards should work out of the box

I was afraid of that. Seems that I may have a defective configuration. USB keyboards from Apple, IBM, i-Rocks, Saitek are not recognized by the PenCentra 130. Additionally, thumbdrives and SD/CF card readers are not recognized by the PenCentra 130. All these devices behave as expected on my various Linux, Windows, and MacOS boxen.

Fortunately all my USB mice from Microsoft, Logitech, and Monster Gecko are now working. In my initial dismay I probably mistook a dialogue from a non-recognized keyboard as triggered by the mice. With mice being recognized, I'm lead to believe that it's a software problem (missing dll), and not defective hardware.

Thanks for the swift, friendly, and helpful reply. I look forward to participating in the community.

EDIT:
I have no clue what string it's asking for.

To answer my own question, the string expected by the dialogue is the file name of the Windows DLL used to drive the USB device. This was made apparent in my second--far more relaxed--search of threads in this forum with "pencentra" in them.

Edited by ricercar 2009-06-26 5:49 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13