x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro I've found a working linux distro!

« Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next »
Marc
Marc Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 8:54 AM
#
Offering NBpro LX

Hello everybody and thanks for the nice work you have been doing.
As my LX Machine has been lying around for too long, i am selling it now.
256MB, purchased 2 years ago from Pulster, LX-System swapped for GPE. +Bag and LAN-Card
400€

Greetings, Marc marcgaedeke002 AT gmail.com
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 9:04 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i hope a good dev will buy it... 400 is to much for me at the moment...
 Top of the page
Ea2
Ea2 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 10:57 AM
#
I need to download the nBkPro.img.FlashROMEraser file posted earlier in this topic (here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10543&st...), but I can't because I am not a forum member. I actually have an account (Ed_Ca22) but I cannot access it because I lost my password (think I never changed it from the default) and no longer have access to the email account I registered with (my old Uni account). And I can't register a new account because it says they are not accepting new registrations. Can anyone help me by uploading the file somewhere, otherwise I'm stuffed?!

I've been doing stuff with the nb pro and linux lately:
http://www.jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2775

This is following up from raul's lead

Also, Marc, if I can get a new kernel working I would be interested in buying your 256MB nb pro. 400 seems quite steep though.
 Top of the page
ixo Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've just bought a netbook pro. I managed to get openzaurus and orignal linux psion running, with wifi (usrobotics USR022410) or ethernet (dacom goldcard 10/100).
If someone is interested, i have a french xmodmap.
I heard about xclkcfg to overclock the pxa255. Is someone managed to overclock the nbpro under linux ?

Jean-Noël
 Top of the page
nicklatheron Page Icon Posted 2010-05-23 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is this installation as easy as PsionLX? I'd be interested in giving it a go but haven't got the time and patience if I need to compile software
 Top of the page
nicklatheron Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Has anyone got a running recent (2009/2010) version of Linux for the Netbook Pro that I can download and try out without having to compile it myself?

I want to replace WinCE 4.2 but PsionLX doesn't do enough for me to use that.

Help!
 Top of the page
psfi
psfi Page Icon Posted 2010-09-19 5:57 PM
#
Is the Psion Lx still for sale?

Allan
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2010-09-19 6:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

no. only used... but very rare... since it wasn't official released. it was a prototype.
 Top of the page
psfi
psfi Page Icon Posted 2010-09-20 4:34 PM
#
scops - 2010-09-19 6:39 PM

no. only used... but very rare... since it wasn't official released. it was a prototype.

Can you confirm its no longer for sale as as I'm a bit confused by your reply above.

Allan
 Top of the page
psifi
psifi Page Icon Posted 2010-09-23 11:55 AM
#
Hi

I've have a nbpro with Psion Lx Beta on 1GB compact flash. It worked fine until the email app had a crash and became corrupted. I have accidentaly removed it from the installed package screen and now its gone completely. Can anyone tell me how to re-install Balsa, I have tried a hard re-boot Lx comes back as before minus the email programme.

I'm not very experienced with Linux and was hoping to learn using this machine.

Thanks

Allan
 Top of the page
Marc Page Icon Posted 2010-09-23 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Allan.

The NBproLx is gone.

Greetings, Marc
 Top of the page
psfi
psfi Page Icon Posted 2010-09-29 3:18 PM
#
Ok thanks managed to get a Lx motherboard instead.

cheers

Allan
 Top of the page
psifi
psifi Page Icon Posted 2010-10-04 4:55 PM
#
Intrepid-Eddie - 2007-10-30 8:39 PM

w_m0zart - 2007-10-30 12:36 PM
...SNIP...
One of the questions I have seen in this forum about returning to Windows CE once Linux had been installed. I tried this, and it is possible. However if NAND errors appear, it may be necessary to use the solution in the BoostDongle pdf file which I created earlier.

Paul, you were asking about this. I can confirm that WinCE from the Psion Teklogix website will load back on the NBP. I did not have to enter the super BooSt mode, but it's good to have in the back pocket... just in case.

@salmonito:
You mentioned trying to get your WiFi card to work. I have a Socket WiFi CF, a Linksys PCMCIA, and a Proxima PCMCIA. I had the same results for all three that you did. It looks like there's a list of drivers, but I don't think they're actually loaded in the system. Take a look at the system logs -- says it can't find the module. Interesting.

System logs:
1. Click on the "Utilities" folder
2. Click on "System Info"
3. Click on the "Log Display" tab

I have the Psion Lx motherboard running Lx Beta I would like to put wince back on the internal flash do I have to clear the nand of linux first or does it just boot the image file from cf like a normal nbpro. My reason for doing this is that the version of Psion Lx on the motherboard is buid 2.13 dated nov 2004 whereas the version on wiki is 2.31 2005 and works a lot better. I would run the Lx from cf card and keep windows on the memory on the motherboard. I think windows will work much better with 256mb of RAM, Lx certainly does.

Allan
 Top of the page
NBPro user
NBPro user Page Icon Posted 2010-10-14 7:32 PM
#
Have any of you seen or (better yet) used this?

http://www.ugopiemontese.eu/Angstrom/
 Top of the page
jommoner
jommoner Page Icon Posted 2010-11-03 1:32 PM
#
Just a note..... Further progression on updating the OS on the NB Pro is ongoing here:

http://jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2775&sid=4b9e486f41b79dd...

Thanks to the power of RISC OS and !Zap, I have made a new bootstrap / bootloader, and can now attempt to boot any size of linux kernel images and initrds

Linux and RISC OS on the NetBook Pro is getting closer to becoming a reality
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12