x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Playing with the Pocket PostPet

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 8:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, this is now officially weird. Now the PQI card can't be formatted by anything - not even my cameras - and the PPP can't read it. I've tried a couple of low-level format utilities on my PC, but they won't clear it.

On top of that, the display just went kaputt. At first it went in and out when I folded the display open or closed or flexed it a bit, but now there's no picture at all. Thinking that the screen cable might be loose, I opened up the bottom and checked the connection to the motherboard. It looked fine, but I reseated it nonetheless to see if that would help. No luck. Any hints how to take apart the display housing without breaking the thing, stingraze?

Overall, not a good day for the PPP.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-12-21 8:57 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

aw CE Geek
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 10:12 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hm.. btw, do you know if anyone knows if 64MB MMC card works on PPP? I have one myself, but couldn't get the Win CE 2.12 out yet cause I haven't got that time...

Edited by stingraze 2007-12-21 10:12 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 1:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was able some time ago to finally get inside the Pocket PostPet, but had a major time trying to get the screen cable out. To make a long story short, if the cable wasn't damaged before, it definitely was after I got my hands on it.

I miss my PPP. Now that stingraze is closing up shop, I don't know where I'm gonna find a replacement. There's still more tinkering I'd like to do. (If I can just get a bigger MMC card working, figure out how to create a working Control Panel, and get SystemPath to work, the possibilities could be almost endless. )
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27