x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gshell: WinCE desktop alternative

1 2
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

GShell is a Windows CE Desktop replacement. It uses Daniel Schumann's powerful and free skinning engine called "SystemInformation" (see: www.ultimatelaunch.de ). SystemInformation was basically made for PNAs, but it should work with all CE.net devices (not tested on WinCE 3, but it might work too).
GShell is very fast and has a small memory footprint.
All settings are stored in simple text INI files: icons, icons sizes, texts, buttons, bitmaps, paths, commands, special effects...
All Windows XP 32 bit icons are supported, including anti-aliasing and transparency effects, and all icon sizes (including very big ones).
A few "desktop widgets" ( EzPad and Quick Browser) are also included in my Gshell package.

This package has been made for the NEC 900c with Cmonex V2 Rom. It might work on other devices with several glitches and bugs ( INI files and bitmaps should be changed according to your device specifications: screen size, etc. ).

2 versions are provided:

-The full version is a complete Windows CE Explorer replacement (HPC Explorer Classic is the default file Manager instead of the slower WinCE.net explorer). It also includes system files skinning: original "Cobalt blue scheme" and updated WinCE icons.

-The "desktop only" version uses the default WinCE file Manager and does not change system icons and schemes. It only installs the new desktop (including widgets).

Soft-reset your device after installing the CAB file. GSHELL will be automatically launched after a soft-reset.

Both versions can be customized: just edit the INI files, in order to change icons, or commands. A set of 3 different wallpapers is provided, together with a wallpaper switcher.

To return to the default WinCE desktop, tap the first icon on the LaunchPad title bar. The second icon on the launchpad title bar shows the battery state and the free space on your device (RAM space, internal disk, storage card); a small delay will be necessary to show this window.
Everything else should be self-explanatory...

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/105352319/Gshell_V0.02.zip.html

Edited by Geared2003 2008-04-06 12:25 PM

(GShell Desktop Only.jpg)

(GShell Full.jpg)

(GShell Launchpad.jpg)

(GShell Meters.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GShell Desktop Only.jpg (41KB - 28 downloads)
Attachments GShell Full.jpg (83KB - 28 downloads)
Attachments GShell Launchpad.jpg (44KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments GShell Meters.jpg (65KB - 13 downloads)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Works on Smartnook but need to edit all ini files to 800x480 and find replacement wallpapers...

Other than that the orange box below launchpad is in wrong place so need to figure out how to move it to corner

John
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OH MY GOD!!!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!!!! THAT IS JUST AMAZING!!! It is like Wisbar and Resco Explorer (at least the skinning part of them) combined!!!! I love the meters!!!! GREAT job Geared2003. I am remaking my site. You mind if I put this on there. Obviously I would give credit to you. And also does this support MIPS?
Thanks,
Bensawsome

EDIT: here is a permanent link: http://www.bensawsome.gameguyshosting.com/files/Gshell_V0.02.zip
I will officially add it to the downloads section in my site soon.

Edited by Bensawsome 2008-04-06 2:03 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ah figured it.... any chance of a version with 800x480 images for smartbook and sig3?

John

Edited by mr-mac 2008-04-06 1:51 PM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Officially added
http://www.bensawsome.gameguyshosting.com/modules.php?name=Download...
I just installed on my MP900c with cmonex v2 ROM. IT LOOK AWSOME. One question though. How do you open the meters. I think I am just being retarded >_<
Thanks,
Bensawsome
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-04-06 6:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Click quick link then the little ? at the top
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 3:08 AM
#
Very nice Geared2003, thanks a lot. Is there a way to change default programs in Ezpad?

Geared2003 - 2008-04-06 12:24 PM

GShell is a Windows CE Desktop replacement. It uses Daniel Schumann's powerful and free skinning engine called "SystemInformation" (see: www.ultimatelaunch.de ). SystemInformation was basically made for PNAs, but it should work with all CE.net devices (not tested on WinCE 3, but it might work too).
GShell is very fast and has a small memory footprint.
All settings are stored in simple text INI files: icons, icons sizes, texts, buttons, bitmaps, paths, commands, special effects...
All Windows XP 32 bit icons are supported, including anti-aliasing and transparency effects, and all icon sizes (including very big ones).
A few "desktop widgets" ( EzPad and Quick Browser) are also included in my Gshell package.

This package has been made for the NEC 900c with Cmonex V2 Rom. It might work on other devices with several glitches and bugs ( INI files and bitmaps should be changed according to your device specifications: screen size, etc. ).

2 versions are provided:

-The full version is a complete Windows CE Explorer replacement (HPC Explorer Classic is the default file Manager instead of the slower WinCE.net explorer). It also includes system files skinning: original "Cobalt blue scheme" and updated WinCE icons.

-The "desktop only" version uses the default WinCE file Manager and does not change system icons and schemes. It only installs the new desktop (including widgets).

Soft-reset your device after installing the CAB file. GSHELL will be automatically launched after a soft-reset.

Both versions can be customized: just edit the INI files, in order to change icons, or commands. A set of 3 different wallpapers is provided, together with a wallpaper switcher.

To return to the default WinCE desktop, tap the first icon on the LaunchPad title bar. The second icon on the launchpad title bar shows the battery state and the free space on your device (RAM space, internal disk, storage card); a small delay will be necessary to show this window.
Everything else should be self-explanatory...

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/105352319/Gshell_V0.02.zip.html
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

rgisondi - 2008-04-06 9:08 AM

Very nice Geared2003, thanks a lot. Is there a way to change default programs in Ezpad?

Sure, you just need to edit the INI files, and change the program paths in Skin.ini, SkinB.ini and SkinC.ini ( "Command" lines) . And you can change the icons, which are located in the icons subfolder (32bit icons).

If you want to use this package with other devices like the Sigmarion, you will need to:
-replace the provided background bitmaps in the "main" subfolder with bigger wallpapers (800x 480 pixels or anything else)
-change all ini files: in the GLOBALSETTINGS, change the size like this:
Width = 800
Height = 480

You may have to adjust the icon positions in the INI files as well (x, y coordinates).
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Trouble is there are two sets of wallpapers one plain and one with the orange box that sits below the quick launcher...

So any walpapers you download will require you make a 2nd version with the same orange box moved to the correct position.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
This is very impressive, and took a huge amount of work. Well done and congratulations,
Jake
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

mr-mac - 2008-04-06 6:30 PM
So any walpapers you download will require you make a 2nd version with the same orange box moved to the correct position.

Only if you keep my design "as is". But you can simplify the whole thing, and get rid of the "Ezpad" thingy.

This is an example of the original "Main.ini" text:
ICONXPBUTTON
x = -20
y = 7
NewIni = ..\Main\Skin.ini
SizeNormal = 48
SizePushed = 48
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconNormal = ..\Icons\Pad.ico
Scale = 100
ScaleAlpha = 100
ScaleBlue = 500
IconPushed = ..\Icons\Pad.ico
ShutDownAnimation = FlyUp

You may want to replace the Ezpad with a shortcut to \Program Files\MyApp\Myapp.exe, and use Myapp.ico instead:

ICONXPBUTTON
x = -20
y = 7
\Program Files\MyApp\Myapp.exe
SizeNormal = 48
SizePushed = 48
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconNormal = ..\Icons\Myapp.ico
Scale = 100
ScaleAlpha = 100
ScaleBlue = 500
IconPushed = ..\Icons\Pad.ico

Just have a look at the INI files structure: you don't need a PhD to understand how things can be changed to your liking...

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-07 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ohh neat

hmm hmm, now i can feel v3 is coming closer..

(explanation: i want a new skin / skin refreshment for every new rom version )

p.s.: that reminds me... there's a new feature idea (in addition to porting the hpc2000 PIM, of course) for v3 which i'm not going to reveal yet because it isn't working yet. but it would truly make it v3.0 and not just a small update.

Edited by cmonex 2008-04-07 4:04 PM
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2008-04-08 7:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

silly question... I have textmaker 2006, is it possible to add it to the Rom or is it too big?

As in if I make my own... For those that wanted my copy o.0

You can't have it

Edited by Guyturf 2008-04-08 7:01 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-08 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes you can add textmaker to rom, though only if you are willing to remove something else (if the base is the 2.0 rom). i have added it to rom before on a simpad

start a new thread if you need help with the rom editing.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-13 4:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

There were some errors in the desktop only version ( wrong shortcuts). This version is fixed ( nothing changed in the full version):

http://rapidshare.com/files/107086420/V0.02_fixed.zip.html

Edited by Geared2003 2008-04-13 4:12 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12