x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

barcode Scanning software for Symbol ppt2700

1 2
danielehk
danielehk Page Icon Posted 2008-09-18 1:09 PM
#
Hi, do youn know a barcode scanning software for a Windows ce device?
I have bought a Symbol ppt 2700 with ce 2.11 (upgradable to 3.05) software, but there isn't a scanning software!

Thanks
Daniele
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2008-09-18 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Not to ask a stupid question, have you tried a hard reset? Unless somebody has re-flashed the ROM, the software should be resident... after all, it's a major function/feature of the PPT 2700....
 Top of the page
danielehk
danielehk Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 5:11 AM
#
I have tried, but there is a "ppt2700 demo" software, you can use trigger, but you cannot copy or export data!
 Top of the page
Anonymous
Anonymous Page Icon Posted 2008-10-09 3:36 PM
#
As far as I know nothing is free, you must either buy a separate software for collecting data or program it yourself, create your own application. Let me know if you found a freeware for it
 Top of the page
info@cal-tec.co uk
info@cal-tec.co uk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 12:01 PM
#
Have you found a solution for this yet???
 Top of the page
danielehk
danielehk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 12:22 PM
#
I'm trying "tracer_ppc_mips" but is not free!
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Can you just scan into a text document, or into a cell in a spreadsheet? I have a cuecat bar code scanner, and it works kind of like a keyboard. Just drag it over the bar code, (with text editor or spreadsheet open) and the numbers appear as if you typed them. Not sure if this is true of all bar code scanners or not.

Edited by theoak 2008-10-13 5:49 PM
 Top of the page
info@cal-tec.co uk
info@cal-tec.co uk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 7:32 AM
#
Ill give tracer a go. im really looking to scan into internet explorer as my database is browser based. this is really annoying why cant they just make these things to work as you would expect. I might just try and make sense of the SDK and write a program to capture the barcode and then insert it where the cursor is at the time. been ages since i tried anything like that though all my recent programming knowlage has been with php and javascript.
 Top of the page
danielehk
danielehk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-14 10:14 AM
#
HI, what's your database name?
Daniele
 Top of the page
info@cal-tec.co uk
info@cal-tec.co uk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 11:52 AM
#
Im running a database driven using mysql and php to web enable it. Its all written in house. I just need to get the Symbol scanner to scan into the internet explorer browser so i can enable staff to work in the warehouse without carting a laptop round.
 Top of the page
info@cal-tec.co uk
info@cal-tec.co uk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-15 11:58 AM
#
e-mail me @ my user name calum@cal-tec co uk with your telephone number and we can talk further if you like. We both seem to be wanting to reach a common goal so it seems to make sense
 Top of the page
calum@cal-tec.co uk
calum@cal-tec.co uk Page Icon Posted 2008-10-22 10:27 AM
#
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!

visit

http://www.sellcenter.net/laris-wiki/index.php/How_do_i_setup_my_Sy...

and download scanwedge.exe for the ppt2700 and as if by magic you can scan a barcode in any application. why oh why did this take so long to find. i think ill go to bed now (first time in 3 weeks) and stop searching for a solution ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 Top of the page
Blenz
Blenz Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 6:38 PM
#
Wow great! That is a good solution. I have been using this way now but one question. I noticed that using notepad, the scanner becomes slower. I have to wait about 2 seconds in between reads. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to change the setting or something?
 Top of the page
pegiejot
pegiejot Page Icon Posted 2009-01-31 6:52 AM
#
Hi! Do you know where I can find a update system from ce2.1 to ce3.05?
 Top of the page
psp3000moon Page Icon Posted 2011-11-25 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.220 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9