x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lets see if I explain this correctly

1 2
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a in-dash nav unit with wince 4.2. (valor nvg-670w)
I've been going crazy trying to use an alternative purchased navigation software.
I'm trying to find the gps signal/port. I've scanned the ports with no luck finding anything.
There are two .exe's that have to be running for my GPS to work correctly. (navireceive.exe and navigation.exe)
If I kill navireceive.exe, then navigation.exe (which is the actual nav program) cannot find the signal, but as long as the both are running all is good.
If I launch two instances of navireceive.exe the second one pops up with an error about port URT1. (wtf port is that?)

I think the problem is, is that my radio/dvd portion of my headunit uses navireceive.exe to communicate with the nav part. ie: When I am navigating, and listening to the radio, the music will get muted whenever the voice wants to give a verbal direction (turn Left in 200m). Also If I kill navireceive.exe, I get booted out of the "navigation" portion back into the "radio" portion... The only way I can view is through windows mobile powertoys remote display for activesync (which is awesome by the way)

Any super duper smart people that could help me on this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

so what is the problem, the alternative software can't use navireceive.exe?
 Top of the page
mxtime
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 8:08 PM
#
Hi cmonex, by what I've seen so far you are the smartest person in this forum, so thanks for your reply. If you cant help me then I imagine I am screwed..

So anyhow, maybe it can use the software to get the gps, but I wouldnt know how to set it up... I mean, say igo for instance has a gps scanner.. It cannot find the gps signal... all the gps programs I've seen only let you choose COM ports and signal type..
 Top of the page
jabt
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 4:14 PM
#
Hi:
I'm glad to see somebody else is trying to do what I have tried too. I bought three months ago the NVG-670W I live in Europe and I needed some different navigation software. I tried all of them and the only one I could start was I-GO8

I don't know what the navireceive.exe is I hardly enter WinCE,but I cannot do anything with it.

I saw that the Navigation.exe started the navigation software, so I used Mortscript to create a new exe which starts I-GO

It works really well, It finds the signal almost immediately, but I can't make it sound. It must be related to what you are saying. May be you find the solution. Let me know.

Some advice: If you make tries changing the Navigation folder, sooner or later it will tell you the memory is full and you can't do more tries until you erase and upgrade the firmware again. If you don't want it to happen, prepare a Navigation folder with an exe which launchs another exe in a different folder. This way, you don't change the Navigation folder and the memory doesn't get full. You can change the second folder as many times as you like, no problem. Have I explained it well? I know it's a mess...

Have you been able to work some other navi software? which one? With Tom-tom, Michelin, Miomap Route66, etc. It always tells me there is something wrong or missing. I think it's because the WinCe is locked, but I don't know how to change it.

How do you stop that navireceive.exe? Where is it located? I haven't found it.

If you want me to send you the configuration I use to launch I-go, I would be glad to help you.

Javi from Spain

Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

YAH!!! I am soooo glad that I am not the only one doing this...
Here is what I have done so far...
If you replace the navigation.exe with a (renamed) wince explorer.exe then you can get to a winCe desktop..

Also there is a usb port on the back of the unit (you have to cut a hole in the metal) which you can connect to a PC and can control via activesync. There is also a (headphone) jack that looks like it has multiple contacts like it does video and stereo, but I'm not sure what that jack is.

I have gotten tomtom and igo to work. I had to edit the tomtom.exe with executabilitycheck.exe to point to a different .dll
but works great except I cant find the gps signal with igo or tomtom. So I am VERY curious how you got it to work...
Could I please have a copy of the mortscript you used?

I've even been able to get an iphone-like interface that someone developed for another platform to work

Edited by mxtime 2008-09-22 6:58 PM
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Here is where the ports are on the back... (my unit is flipped upside down in this picture)
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Also some more notes...
The directory filling up you are talking about when you changing the navigation folder.
I know what this is..
It copies everything in the navigation folder to nand flash... The same happened to me... you have to go in and delete everything out of the nand flash directory and it will work again... you can use a mortscript to do that I imagine... Although I just did it through activesync...
If you kill navireceive.exe then you get kicked out back to the radio portion of the unit.. with the message "Please insert SD card" but CE is still running in the background. Although you can only access it through activesync...

Edited by mxtime 2008-09-22 7:18 PM
 Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-22 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Here is how I got tom tom to work.. I followed this post basically...
mainly you want to do the steps that switch the coredll.dll file with executabilitycheck
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85718&whichpa...

Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't know what happened. I wrote a replay yesterday before going to bed (this is Spain) and now I see it is not... well thank you for your notes. The USB is really important. But can you change anything in that locked WinCE?

Well I'll repeat what I tried to explain yesterday.

I created three folders in the SD: Navigation, folder2 and I-GO 8.

In the Navigation folder I put all Mortscript files. I renamed mortscript.exe as navigation.exe. Then I created mortscript.mscr and put the following commands inside:

Message( "Accept and GPS will start..." )
Run( "\SDMMC card\Carpeta2\gps.exe" )

With the first command you avoid the device trying to launch the script again and again. You must accept it to go on, and if you accept only once, it stops the loop and launchs IGO.
With the second command it gets to the second folder.In this folder i have put all Mortscript files again and gps.exe and gps.mscr. Inside the following:

Run( "\windows\explorer.exe" ) --> if I want to enter WinCE

Run( "\SDMMC Card\I-Go 8\igo.exe" ) to launch IGO

Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

GPS signal:

I didn't do anything special. IGO8 has got its own config and you get in and tell it to detect the signal. It does immediately and tells you something like this:

puert: 1 caud baud 9600

The only problem I had with this at the beginning was that I was using a demo and the moment it had detected the signal, it realized the program was a demo and it closed.
It has workd perfectly ever since. It finds the signal in seconds.

I modified the sys.txt in IGO to change the size of the screen. At first it was just on the left

I have wasted a lot af time trying to make it sound. No success.

I must try Tom-tom again. Did it sound?
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 3:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

There is a mistake in my post about Mortscript:

In the Navigation folder You must rename the mortscript.exe as navigation.exe and the mortscript.mscr as navigation.mscr. Inside this file you put the commands you want the device to do.

I can't try the USB connection these days. The device is in the car and I haven't got time to take it apart. I hope I will do it next weekend.

How do you put images in the post? I tried yesterday but I couldn't. It asked for the URL. Do I have to upload the picture before I do it?

Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the reply...
Yes I just uploaded the pictures to tinypic.com
No I have not even found the sound because I cannot find the gps signal yet so I have been working on that.. I imagine there is some sort of interrupt that has to happen for it to work... or maybe we can work around it by using (what I think is) the sound jack on the back...
So I think I know what the problem is with my setup... I was launching explorer.exe as navigation.exe and the navireceive.exe was sharing the navigation to that. So then I would launch tomtom.exe for instance, but it could not get the signal because it was not named navigation.exe... Does that make sense?
I wanted to ask specifically what "puert: 1 caud baud 9600" is... Is that the equivalent of "port: 1 com baud 9600"?
So it makes sense what you did with mortscript to avoid filling up nand flash..

Also, so you dont have to dig through that post about how to setup tomtom... here is what you have to do...

1. Download http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/coredll.zip
2. Extract zip file to a folder call coredll temp on your computer desktop
3. Open coredll temp folder on your computer desktop, then open up folder with the number "3". Copy the file coredll42.dll onto your SD card TomTom folder.
4. Rename the coredll42.dll to coredl2.dll
5. Download http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/exec.zip
6. Extract zip file from step 5 to a folder on your computer desktop call exec temp.
7. Open exec temp folder on your computer desktop, then open up the folder with the name ARM. Copy the file ExecutabilityCheck.exe to your SD card (root directory).
8. Download http://www.oohito.com/data/wince/REDT011AP.ZIP
9. Extract all files from zip file in step 12 and put it on the root of your SD card.

Now, go to your car and power up the the unit

10. Click on Start, Run, Storage Card, regedit.exe
11. Click Run
12. Select from the menu HKLmachine then go to Explorer, Shell Folders
13. Now look at the bottom of the screen, and scroll down and look for the My Document registry key
14. Change the value of the My Documents registry key to "\SDMMC Card" <-- I think that is what our SD card is called. I dont remember at the moment..
15. Exit the RegEdit program
16. Reboot
17. Click on Start, Run, Storage Card
18. Select ExecutabilityCheck.exe and click Run
19. Navigate to Storage Card, TomTom, select TomTom Navigator.exe and open the file
20. An error message box will pop up. Look at the bottom of that error message and you will see 2 buttons (you might have to re-arrange the message box on your Valor by moving it around until you can see and click).
21. You don't need to know/read/see the writings on the buttons. You just need to click on the button on the right. Remember, on the right, not left.
22. Use a stylus and click only 1 time slowly to select the coredll.dll. Click it one more time and the cursor will start blinking that means you can now erase and rename it.
23. Use the keyboard software built-in in WinCE at the bottom right corner of your screen and bring up the keyboard. You can move the keyboard around on your screen to a comfortable place on your screen that you can see and perhaps do some typing.
24. Change the coredll.dll to coredl2.dll. You might have to redo step 20 again since the cursor was no longer blinking when you bring up the keyboard.
25. After renaming is done. Click overwrite button. You should not see anymore error message or at least the error message box is empty.
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello:
Thank you very much for your explanation about tomtom. 25 steps!! I'm so grateful! I will give it a try as soon as I can.
Next weekend I hope to try the USB port and that sound jack you mentioned. I have just received a rear camera I bought on ebay. I want to connect it to the nvg-670W.(My car is the Volvo xc90. It is very high and I think the camera will be helpful when driving backwards.) As I have to take it out from its place to connect the camera, I will look at the USB and the jack.

I don't think the problem for the signal is the navigation.exe. I hope you are right, but my navigation.exe is not the navigation software either. My file is an EXE which launches another EXE, and the second launches the IGO.exe. In this case I would have the same problem. wouldn't I?

There are different versions of IGO, and not all of them work. My Igo.exe is 4791Kb. I don'tknow if this helps...

"puert: 1 caud baud 9600" is Spanish. I means "port 1 - Baud range 9600" (I don't know what it is, but If I choose English language in IGO, that is what I can see)

When I started trying IGO-8 I used the demo. I was at home,and it didn't find satellite,but IGO used to find the internal GPS port immediately. The problem appeared when I tried it outside, because then it found satellites and realized it was out of date and closed.

Hope it helps.

Top of the page
mxtime Page Icon Posted 2008-09-25 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I cant seem to get any nav software to find the gps signal..
I am trying to do it like you said you did yours, but it doesnt seem to be working at the moment..
 Top of the page
jabt Page Icon Posted 2008-09-25 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Let's see if I can help you with this. I've got two ideas:

1.- Write down in the "sys.txt" (Igo folder) these lines:

[gps]
;source="click"
port="1"
baud="9600"
set_messages="0"

This way you will tell the device what it needs, without detecting it.
Anyway, I don't think it will work. If it doesn't detect it,something is wrong. The GPS receiver in the device is not working for some reason.

2.- Does it still work now with the original navigation software?

Could it be that something you have modified in WinCE doesn't let the GPS receiver to work?
When I enter IGO configuration and choose "detect", when it finishes it says "GPS receiver detected"
Doesn't it sound similar to "navireceiver"? Maybe there is a relationship between them. (navireceiver.exe and GPS receiver in IGO)

If you have modified something, you could erase the firmware and record it again with a CD. Then you will be sure everything is like it is in mine. I haven't changed anything in the system (I could't...)

Good luck
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10