x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alpha 400 another "almost HPC" netbook

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Frozen
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-07 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What kind of package extensions can be installed on RTFM Linux OS, .deb .tar or there are specfic kind of files?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-01-07 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Slycarter: The package extension is .xap. I have a bunch of stuff already up on 3mx.taita.co.uk (most already in 3mx ultra). There are more packages created by users on the elonex onet forum in the 3mx thread linked off littlelinuxlaptop.com.

Jake: Bummer

Cheers
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-10 7:33 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2010-01-07 3:04 PM

Slycarter: The package extension is .xap. I have a bunch of stuff already up on 3mx.taita.co.uk (most already in 3mx ultra). There are more packages created by users on the elonex onet forum in the 3mx thread linked off littlelinuxlaptop.com.

Jake: Bummer

Cheers

On the forum you mentioned I read there is a script to convert .deb packages into xpa/3mx one, so we can install files natively made for Ubuntu.
Unfortunately download link for mk3mx script seems to be broken. Can you email me this file if you have it (I already have extractdeb.zip).
Thanks
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-01-10 2:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Actually no, you can't use ubuntu packages. These machines use a MIPS cpu, not an x86 cpu. You CAN use the debian etch mipsel packages however. The script you want is mkxap, it's found in the 'extras' folder on 3mx.taita.co.uk. I retired the mk3mx script, mkxap will make packages that work with the package installer included with 3MX Ultra.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-11 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2010-01-10 2:33 PM

Actually no, you can't use ubuntu packages. These machines use a MIPS cpu, not an x86 cpu. You CAN use the debian etch mipsel packages however. The script you want is mkxap, it's found in the 'extras' folder on 3mx.taita.co.uk. I retired the mk3mx script, mkxap will make packages that work with the package installer included with 3MX Ultra.

Cheers

You are right, I was going to forget. So, I assume port is needed for every program.

I am trying the device during this days with 3mx Ultra installed but I am experiencing some prblem and I like to know if you are know issues by you.

Can't watch youtube videos...I have also installed "video online" package but nothing has changed.
Vnc viewer won't connect and programm seems to freeze.
I have installed packages for 3g drivers but I can't find the wireless wizard mentioned.
Then, programs I install don't appear anywahere.
Maybe the OS flash has gone bad?

P.S.: Small little linux laptop site admin has not given me permission to acces yet. Is it still a working site?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-01-11 9:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

No need to port/cross compile anything unless you want more 'up to date' software than what debian etch has to offer. Just repackage the mipsel .deb packages to .xap

For youtube have you tried this? :
http://www.taitaonline.co.uk/3MX/youtube/index.html . It's a quick easy workaround for not having a mipsel flash plugin for firefox.
Skytone's video online software hasn't worked ever since youtube upgraded to flash 10. What's worse is that it's pay software. You need to register it.

VNC works if you turn off security, see this thread: http://www.littlelinuxlaptop.com/forum/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=40.0 . Still looking into that weird bug.

The 3G driver's were already installed. The 'wireless wizard' on Ultra is in menu -> settings -> data/cell connect

You have to manually create desktop icons or a menu entries for any extra packages you install. Just edit /etc/jwm/jwmrc to add new apps to the menu. Remember Ultra is 'not' the default OS, so be careful when browsing the forums. Stick to 3MX specific threads, the other threads pertain to the default OS for the most part and there are quite a few differences between the 2.

Yes http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php is up and running. You should still be able to browse around it at least until you receive your login and password.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-12 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2010-01-11 9:03 PM

No need to port/cross compile anything unless you want more 'up to date' software than what debian etch has to offer. Just repackage the mipsel .deb packages to .xap

Where can I find debian etch packages to download?

But, for example, I have Linux debian driver for my internet key and I'd like to use it on cnm Book. Is there a way to use it? I need to recompile it? Is there a guide on how to do it or it is someone on the forum that can help?

VNC works if you turn off security, see this thread: http://www.littlelinuxlaptop.com/forum/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=40.0 . Still looking into that weird bug.

Yep, with security tunred on, when it pops password window out it doesn't accept any chars.

The 3G driver's were already installed. The 'wireless wizard' on Ultra is in menu -> settings -> data/cell connect

Still trying to let my internet key working. It says no usb modem found.

Yes http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php is up and running. You should still be able to browse around it at least until you receive your login and password.

I have recieved my username/password but it keeps saying I have to wait for permission from administrator.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-07 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is there a Palringo-like release that run on CnM Book with 3MX that support facebook chat?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9