x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Avatar, Signature & Forum Artwork Discussion

1 2 3 4 5
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-02 11:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to the Avatar, Signature & Forum Art Discussion thread. This is your opportunity to show off you latest avatar and signature artwork, information and links (as well as explain it to some of the less well versed amongst us).

By all means please do post your artwork set into the thread - in fact this is encouraged in order to make the thread more consistent when it comes to you changing your artwork.

Please ensure that your artwork remains within the guidelines of the Community Forum's Rules, and please do remember that HPC:Factor is a family forum therefore your content should appropriately reflect this mantra.

View: Forum Rules & Charter

Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have graphical Signatures & Avatars?
Yes, by all means, all registered forum members are entitles to have their own avatar and signature graphic - unregistered users don't even get to see the signatures.
Because there are a lot of users still on dial-up, and significant using bandwidth limiting technologies such as GPRS, it is important to keep the file size down. Ideally both the signature and avatar for each user should be under 20KB, 50K is the upper limit please. GIF & JPEG only please - no PNG, TIFF or BMP. BMP are too big and PNG and TIFF will not render on H/PC's.

What is the maximum Avatar size allowed?
The maximum avatar size on hpcfactor.com is 90x90 pixels

Can I have an animated Signature / Avatar?
That depends on what your definition of animated is. If it's distracting, annoying or just plain out of place you will be asked to remove it. GIF only please - remembering the file size. No Flash. Period.

I can upload the avatar to the forum, but where can I host signatures?
Ideally we would prefer all users to self-host their forum graphics. It makes thing easier on the HPC:Factor servers. However registered members are entitled to host Avatars on the forum. We do not provide hosting for Signatures. There are numerous hosting companies for such things, and the best way to do it is to use the free web space you get with your ISP account. That way you have complete control over it.

I want one of the big colour bars, how do I do it?
The 'colour bars' of identity straps are for HPC:Factor staff only. They are colour coded to identify seniority.
Any forum member who attempts to replicate such a strap into a signature region without Administrator permission will face the consequences of doing so & probably be banned based on Administrator discretion.

Will you create me a Signature / Avatar?
No, sorry. There aren't enough hours in the day already. Besides, it defeats the purpose. Signatures should be personally identifiable and relevant to the individual. Have a go in whatever image editor you have available and above all enjoy doing it.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2009-01-12 3:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I have a feeling that a new Paspie Signature is pending ...

... some of the pictures may be removed the my Paspie Badge might be added ...

... to corresponde (spelling!!!) to the new era I'm just about to set foot in.

Edited by Paspie 2009-01-12 3:24 AM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2009-01-12 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yep, my new Signature is ready for launch. It's size has been cut, removing all unnecessary pictures (into the recycling bin ) and also changing the avatar as well from the HC-4600 to the 356 Speedster. I think I could've made the logo slightly neater if I tried.

If you have no idea what the 'Era 2' is on about a link will be pasted here to explain all. I will only do this if you ever do wonder.
_______

C:Amie, I couldn't avoid multi-posting this time, I'm afraid. The Edit button had disappeared on the post above.

Edited by Paspie 2009-01-12 3:26 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-23 7:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've made a little change to my set, which hasn't changed since 1st June 2007 - "Unfaithful". The theme is the same, just a little less cluttered. This one is uncontroversial in being called "Faithful".

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-01-31 8:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

New set, "Tempered Spirit"

Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-20 2:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

My new signature is ready but I have sort of forgotten how to put it in. I think I have to put [IMG] at the start and end of the URL when I type it in the signature in the settings, but at the moment that doesn't seem to work.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-20 6:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Try it this way (but take out the space between the M and the G):

[IM G=http://sites.google.com/site/paspiepersonal/_/rsrc/1282309618623/home/signature.GIF]
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks! Now, how do I add hyperlinks to my signature?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 6:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You mean like this? Click on your name...

Remember, your entire signature must be NO LARGER than 400 x 85 pixels...and that includes the text lines as well. As it is right now, you are way oversize. You need to combine those devices names you have under your graphic into your graphic. Otherwise, 2 or 3 posts from you and you have filled up an entire webpage of reading, making scrolling tedious for others.

Even though I am a moderator, you will notice that my graphic height is only 80 pixels tall. That is because I personally reserve the 85 pixel height for C:Amie...our illustrious leader. I just can't measure up to him...hence only 80 pixels tall.

Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-23 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich Hawley - 2010-08-22 6:49 PM

You mean like this? Click on your name...

<P ALIGN=left>

Remember, your entire signature must be NO LARGER than 400 x 85 pixels...and that includes the text lines as well. As it is right now, you are way oversize. You need to combine those devices names you have under your graphic into your graphic. Otherwise, 2 or 3 posts from you and you have filled up an entire webpage of reading, making scrolling tedious for others.

Even though I am a moderator, you will notice that my graphic height is only 80 pixels tall. That is because I personally reserve the 85 pixel height for C:Amie...our illustrious leader. I just can't measure up to him...hence only 80 pixels tall.
I can fix the pixel problem by removing all of the text under the graphic. I'm after a link like the one you have on the bottom right corner of yours, to be in the bottom right of mine, inside the graphic.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-23 4:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can't, colour bars are for staff only.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-23 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2010-08-23 4:51 PM

You can't, colour bars are for staff only.
Okay then, discussion closed.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-24 9:54 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Addition to previous post

I would have had a link to a new website called MyMobilon.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-26 2:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nearly 3/4 of the way through the year and 7 months since I last changed it. This is called "Commination".

It uses the same colour bar design as Tempered Spirit
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-09-21 7:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So Rich, now that we're "hoping" for 2012 under the promise of an atomic winter, which crackpot cult have you joined and how do I get CE Geek signed up?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9