x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-05-03 4:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh certainly, TNG found its feet after series 3. 1 was a false start, 2 reset the wheel and 3 saw them going full steam ahead. I didn't have any issues with series 7. 'The Pegasus' and 'All Good Things' were the highlights. Bloodlines started the Nemesis / Picard Series 3 "lets make more Picard's" trope, which has been over-played. I do not think that 7 was bad , however there wasn't anything red letter in the schedule the likes of 'Yesterday's Enterprise' or BoBW.
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2023-07-07 3:33 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I'm going to have to restart Picard again. I've really been enjoying Strange New Worlds. It connects with the original series so well.

Edited by Mobi 2023-07-07 3:49 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-07-07 9:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@Mobi I agree, SNW has (for the most part) been the best of the bunch. I could have done without the cringe episode in series 2, but for the most part pretty good - and the only good thing to come out of the unwatchable canon struck disaster that is Discovery.

I have some sense of trepidation about the Lower Decks crossover though...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2023-08-06 12:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Just watched New Horizons episode 9, can't believe it . Star Trek the musical...and I actually loved it.

Especially the grand finale song and dance scene!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-08-06 7:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Wow those happy pills Mrs. H has been slipping you really are working well I see.

It was a complete embarrassment and was unwatchable, especially off the back of the painful Lower Decks crossover. The writers are basically airing teenage fan-fiction and passing it off as canon at this point - it's one way for CBS to beta test how to get around the writers strike I guess.

From what I did see, Anson Mount did not look comfortable. I think that if you're in the cast and this is the best that they can come up with, you've got to worry about the longevity of your contract.

I'm assuming that next series we'll have shadow puppet theatre and a Muppets crossover to look forward to?

So yes turned it off after skipping to the end momentarily and it has joined Virtuoso as the only other episode of Star Trek that I refuse to watch again - though I cannot say 'again' here as I didn't watch it a first time.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2023-08-07 1:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I can kind of understand C:Amie’s disappointment in the episode.

I mean they did need both a tap dancing number and barbershop quartet scene…but come on…you didn’t get a kick out of the Klingon chorus line?

Time for me to eat some more of my wife’s gummies…
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-08-07 7:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I got a wrenching kick in the gut and was left with internal bleeding, does that count?

It explodes the immersion, undermines the character development and creates a permanent stain on dealing with serious topics. The previous episode was about war trauma and yet in three week's we've had smiley Vulkan's, singing Captain's wearing their heart on their sleeves, Spock pining for Chapel and an increasing amounts of Discovery style mush.
 Top of the page
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-09-13 3:36 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Is there some kind of way to watch this new Trek stuff for free and not join more horrible video streaming services?

I mostly watch PBS & "Heroes & Icons" (aka the Star Trek Channel) using a TV antenna and a USB Tuner device. In an ironic twist of fate, most USB TV tuners
now work with linux and not with windows. (Kaffeine is my DVR.) Okay, I'm getting meta-off topic....

No one thought much of the original Star Trek in its day and then it was a massive hit in syndication: somehow I just don't think these new Trek blockbusters will achieve the same immortality. There is much to be said for Lowered Expectations.....

The pilot to that Chris Pike prequel--free on Amazon "I love to hate it" Prime--really failed to impress me. I think I've seen the not especially original plot before on a Voyager episode: bending the prime directive to help bumpy-headed aliens on the verge of nuclear war acting as stupidly as contemporary humans.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-11-11 8:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Humm....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-09 9:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

https://trekmovie.com/2024/01/05/patrick-stewart-reveals-new-star-tr...

Will it fix the wrongs of Nemesis, or be Generations #2? Will it even happen?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2024-01-10 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Seems like Mandalorian is becoming a movie.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-10 4:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Fantastic, more virtue signalling, I can't wait! (not)
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2024-01-13 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

hassilon - 2023-09-13 10:36 AM

Is there some kind of way to watch this new Trek stuff for free and not join more horrible video streaming services?

I haven't seen Strange New Worlds yet; I was thinking I could get season 1 on DVD for cheap now that season 2 is out. And then I thought to check my local public library, which has it to borrow for free!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-07 7:31 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’ve been doing a rewatch of Angel (the spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

It’s actually my first rewatch since I originally saw as a teenager.

Now I’m almost finished with season four. I must say, it’s not perfect, but it’s a lot better than what I remembered. Excited to start season five soon but season four has been excellent.

(IMG_2681.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2681.jpeg (30KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11