x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help, WinCE 5.0 acces through autorun.inf on SD card

1 2 3 4 5
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Not sure but I think hard reset involves holding in the re-set pin and turning the power switch off and on and back to off again before releasing the reset pin.

Worth a try.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex I have a working R66 device if you need somewhere to get the flash drive files from.

John
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:33 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

i have tried many times mr-mac, probably the device is not having hard-reset feature available for normal users.

thanks!
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ok let me have a look at mine as well there may be a way to see if I can restore flash drive to original state.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:42 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I know a silly question but you have tried using the backup software included on the CD that came with the unit?

IIRC it takes you through a procedure that asks you to plug in the unit (so may not communicate via activesync).

John

hmmm maybe it just updates the SD card. will let you know if I figure it out.

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-13 4:55 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

i already done that, it will update only the files on sd, the only thing that flash something into the device from sd-card is gps update..

thank you!

Edited by gago 2009-01-13 4:59 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 6:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

gago - 2009-01-13 9:59 AM

i already done that, it will update only the files on sd, the only thing that flash something into the device from sd-card is gps update..

thank you!

OK unless cmonex sorts you out first. I will have a little play when I get home and let you know.

Thanks

John
 Top of the page
VicOEM Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 1:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
gago do you still see the device in ActiveSync (I guess you do) ? If so, you can access the device file system via "Explore" feature in ActiveSync,
and all you need to do is recreate a structure on internal flash disk:
\Shell
... RceApi.dll
... PnaShell.exe
... APShell.ini

disconnect and make a soft reset.
after that PnaShell will be loaded.

Edited by VicOEM 2009-01-13 1:59 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 2:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

VicOEM - 2009-01-13 6:56 PM

Hi,
gago do you still see the device in ActiveSync (I guess you do) ? If so, you can access the device file system via "Explore" feature in ActiveSync,
and all you need to do is recreate a structure on internal flash disk:
\Shell
... RceApi.dll
... PnaShell.exe
... APShell.ini

disconnect and make a soft reset.
after that PnaShell will be loaded.

He has already confirmed that he has not got activesync.

John
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 3:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

no acces via activesync (v.3->4.5 also tried on vista) i'm waiting for cmonex solution, it seem's the most plausible in this case, but i don't have advanced programmer skills.. too bad for me

thank you all!

Edited by gago 2009-01-13 3:26 PM
 Top of the page
VicOEM Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, I see. sorry.
My one does not load even GPS update firmware program.

The 6pin connector you mentioned - I first thought it can be a socket for connecting external buttons (providing they used some PDA board as a base for this device). Or it may be a connection for "service" cable.
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 8:49 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

VicOEM - 2009-01-13 7:15 PM

The 6pin connector you mentioned - I first thought it can be a socket for connecting external buttons (providing they used some PDA board as a base for this device). Or it may be a connection for "service" cable.

yes, i had the same feeling, but i got further and tried some jumper configs to see what's happening.. but, nothing..

Edited by gago 2009-01-14 8:50 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 9:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The 6pin could be a connecter for TMC maybe as it looks like a TMC reciver was an optional extra from the ODM.

John

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-14 9:52 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 10:19 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mr-mac - 2009-01-14 9:49 AM

The 6pin could be a connecter for TMC maybe as it looks like a TMC reciver was an optional extra from the ODM.

John

no, port for tmc antenna is somewhere down-left when you look at screen and the device is assembled, this connector is up-right near processor, on the outer side, so probably it has something to do with fast data transmitting.. like you said - service cable or other connexion type .. something..

Edited by gago 2009-01-14 10:19 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 10:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

i'm thinking also at another method to unbrick but again autorun.inf i think is involved:

-active sync/storage card mode on this device is activated by the navigation software (probably when i deleted files form \my flash disk it was set on 'storage card' and that's why i can't see \my flash disk through active sync, i was thinking witch key in registry, navigation software, is using to change the mode and try to set it to recognize the device again through active sync, but also i think is more complicated than solution sugested by cmonex.

again for this type of solution i need something to run from sd card and change the wince registry automatic.. very complicated..

i'm posting here again the link with gps update soft that is working http://uploaded.to/?id=0d5nd2 , we are waiting for you cmonex

thanks!

Edited by gago 2009-01-14 10:43 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11