x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help, WinCE 5.0 acces through autorun.inf on SD card

1 2 3 4 5
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 10:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

sorry, is the device starting up? activesync is run by CE not the nav software (as it connects just the same in the CE desktop environment when R66 is not running).

Not sure that plan will work. CE5.0 PNA devices (R66 defo) totally re-load the registry when you press the re-set pin. So I think the activesync/memory switch is done another way.

When you turn the device on what screen do you see? Is it just blank or is it an actual screen with somthing on it?
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 11:18 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

now it's nothing on my screen since i deleted files from \my flash disk that windows utilized to charge nav soft and also the interface.. not even the image that show's you to insert correct sd card, it's just grey color - it has power since i can see gps upd interface..

but from what i remembered when my device was working well with the nav software, somewhere in menus there is an option to chage mode from active sync/storage or vice-versa but further more i dont't know how nav soft was doing that..

also i presume that windows is working just fine because i did not delete anything from it, and since gps upd is also working... problem is accesing wince with what we have..

was just an idea..

Edited by gago 2009-01-14 12:03 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

True is somthing else to look at. However I think the PNA is stuck looking for a file that starts a shell.

There may be a way to get an autorun to start an explorer shell so you can replace the files you deleted.

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-14 11:52 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 12:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yes, i'm waiting for that solution, after 'somebody', cmonex probably will figure a way in, i will also need the content of \my flash disk from a virgin device, i think ,mr-mac, you can help me here.

Edited by gago 2009-01-14 12:43 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-14 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

the contents of flash drive is generic apart from a few key files that are not deletable (or copyable for that) which should still be there.

either that or if we can get explorer running you could run factoryreset.

John
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 7:20 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

today i found a few programs to see what's inside .exe file that is working (gps upd .exe file): XN Resource editor and Resource hacker

what i can see so far are the dialogs and windows that apear when i load gps upd but nothing else where i can edit something to say GO TO EXPLORER instead ... for example: search file
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 7:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Firmware update will likely just flash a binary into a memory location.

I think the autorun idea is likely a good one.

John
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:09 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mr-mac - 2009-01-15 7:54 AM

Firmware update will likely just flash a binary into a memory location.

I think the autorun idea is likely a good one.

John

yes, true, but also flash exe has an interface with buttons and so on..., if i can set one of the buttons to do explorer instead serching the correct .bin ... just an ideea

(flasher window.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments flasher window.jpg (92KB - 6 downloads)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

1. Insert the memory card into a memory card reader/writer and connect it to the USB port of your computer, if it is an external type of memory card reader/writer (it is a small device consisting of a USB-head and the other end where the SD-card is inserted). You can also use the in-built/integrated memory card slot of your PC (if your PC has this feature).
2. The memory card should appear as a 'Removable Drive Disk' (in My computer on your PC). Format the memory card in FAT (not in FAT 32) by right-clicking the drive which is the memory card and choosing 'Format'.
3. Insert the back-up ROUTE 66 CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. A window opens automatically. Select ‘Browse content’
4. Now select the 'MemoryImage' folder and open it
5. Select all the folders and files (Data, Route 66, and device) from this folder, copy them and then paste them onto the formatted memory card;
6. Remove the memory card from the reader/writer and insert it into the device;
7. Now you can turn on the device

And hopefully job done.

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-15 9:15 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:24 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mr-mac - 2009-01-15 9:13 AM

1. Insert the memory card into a memory card reader/writer and connect it to the USB port of your computer, if it is an external type of memory card reader/writer (it is a small device consisting of a USB-head and the other end where the SD-card is inserted). You can also use the in-built/integrated memory card slot of your PC (if your PC has this feature).
2. The memory card should appear as a 'Removable Drive Disk' (in My computer on your PC). Format the memory card in FAT (not in FAT 32) by right-clicking the drive which is the memory card and choosing 'Format'.
3. Insert the back-up ROUTE 66 CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. A window opens automatically. Select ‘Browse content’
4. Now select the 'MemoryImage' folder and open it
5. Select all the folders and files (Data, Route 66, and device) from this folder, copy them and then paste them onto the formatted memory card;
6. Remove the memory card from the reader/writer and insert it into the device;
7. Now you can turn on the device

And hopefully job done.

you are not paying attention mr-mac, i'm sorry

i already followed this procedure but it will only copy r66 files to sd card and that's it, if i open the location, is the same, without any \my flash disk or something like this and also not running since i deleted some files from \my flash disk that my device was using to start the softw navigation.. i already said that..

Edited by gago 2009-01-15 9:25 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I was listening.

Ah but did you include the device folder?

The device folder should re-store the internal contents of the unit.

Was the procedure you followed not the re-install software one? Which just copies R66 and Data directories onto the SD.

Also hard re-set (reset hold in and flip power on and off) then pop in card and turn on with all 3 folders in place.

John

Edited by mr-mac 2009-01-15 9:46 AM
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mr-mac - 2009-01-15 9:45 AM

I was listening.

Was the procedure you followed not the re-install software one? Which just copies R66 and Data directories onto the SD.

Also hard re-set (reset hold in and flip power on and off) then pop in card and turn on with all 3 folders in place.

John

and, yes, from what i remembered i put also the 'device' folder on my sd.

"Should" but if he don't know what to look for.. since \my flash disk witch was like a start up for device is now empty...

i will try again when i get home and i will keep you informed,

thank you!

p.s. if i need some files from cd(because i don't know if i have it with me, i'm far away from home for the moment) can you help me?

Edited by gago 2009-01-15 9:57 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 9:57 AM
#
H/PC Elder

gago - 2009-01-15 2:52 PM

I was listening.

John

"Should" but if he don't know what to look for.. since \my flash disk witch was like a start up for device is now empty...

thank you!

p.s. if i need some files from cd(because i don't know if i have it with me, i'm in france for the moment) can you help me?

The flash disk holds PNAshell (this is a shell. It runs after the bootloader and kernell etc.

I think the bootloader will be the system looking at the SD to see if there is an upgrade (esspecially if it is for the actual ROM itself)

yeah I am sure I can find CD and pop the required folders in a zip for you to download if required.

I think this may work as all the instructions to re-install the software IIRC only mention to copy R66 and Data folders onto the SD.

Keep me posted.

John
 Top of the page
gago Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 1:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

mr-mac - 2009-01-15 9:57 AM

gago - 2009-01-15 2:52 PM

I was listening.

John

thank you!

p.s. if i need some files from cd(because i don't know if i have it with me, i'm in france for the moment) can you help me?

The flash disk holds PNAshell (this is a shell. It runs after the bootloader and kernell etc.

I think the bootloader will be the system looking at the SD to see if there is an upgrade (esspecially if it is for the actual ROM itself)

yeah I am sure I can find CD and pop the required folders in a zip for you to download if required.

I think this may work as all the instructions to re-install the software IIRC only mention to copy R66 and Data folders onto the SD.

Keep me posted.

John

ok, as i presumed, i don't have the cd with me, but i have also the software update for this device, now is installing but i need also 'device' folder like you said, to give it a try, if is not to big and of course if you want you can use my email to send me the 'device' folder. i wish this to be the solution, nothing more simple

thank you!

Edited by gago 2009-01-15 1:03 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-01-15 1:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Will zip and pop it up on a download site when I get home and give you a link.

I take it that means if you have both software directories from CD and not the Device one you would only have had the software folders on the SD last time?

anyway will pop up device folder later.

John
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 27