x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Frozen
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 3:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Cool ojejoe, I will give them a try. So far no luck with anything else except of what I've posted, so maybe one of these will do the trick. Phowarth, what version of Ozi are you running?
Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 7:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, got some output from the 2440 ones, they both dumped the exact same files. Nicely executed programs, I will say that (the 08 ones are very nice indeed). Not sure it produced what you want, but it looks promising.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66ZO4JJW
Regards,
Goat
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 5:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm downloading it now.
I was trying these NDump programs and couldn't dump anything, the screen was
grayed, you have to touch the Store window, select the right disk touch it again
so you get the details of that disk displayed underneath, select FullDisk

I had quick pick, there are two B000FFs, so it might be something, report later.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 5:21 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm downloading it now.
I was trying these NDump programs and couldn't dump anything, the screen was
grayed, you have to touch the Store window, select the right disk touch it again
so you get the details of that disk displayed underneath, select FullDisk

I had a quick pick, there are two B000FFs, so it might be something, report later.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-26 4:31 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

It 's just OS dumped twice.
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-07-23 4:43 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have now documented the JTAG test pins for the VXA 3000. Unfortunately they are not terminated in any of the headers on the board. They are only accessible using small test pins.

I have attempted to use urjtag with a wiggler cable , but no success yet.

Not sure if I will ever get it to work, but maybe someone here can figure it out.

Picture of the jtag pins attached.

Cheers

(jtag.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments jtag.jpg (70KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-07-29 5:25 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Quick update to confirm that jtag works. Used HJTAG to download the Nand flash with an unbuffered cable. Took 3 hours to pull down all 64 Meg. File is a complete copy of NK.BIN with plenty of empty space. I can know see how I bricked the unit!

Unfortunately the board stopped working before I was able to flash with a good NK.BIN or pull down the NOR Flash where the boot loader is stored.

Must have shorted a pin or something. I bought a few defective boards off ebay so I will try another when I get a chance.

Cheers
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-07-29 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great stuff Paul!

I've given up on mine, none of the better nav software (Garmin, any of the iGO8 flavors) work on it, I only got Sygic to work smooth but the software is aweful.

Back to storage until someone is able to convert the platform to a true ARM

Shpitz
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-07-29 2:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Great job phowarth. Shpitz, Igo8 works great on mine, as does oziexplorer. It would be nice to get wm5 rolled on it though, or at least the missing dlls for some things.
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-07-31 2:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

goat, which igo8 are you running on it? v8 or the newer v8.3/4/5

To me, when it comes to navigation, if the maps are old it doesn't matter how good the software is (and vice versa).

Shpitz
 Top of the page
sandokan
sandokan Page Icon Posted 2010-09-01 7:38 AM
#

Hi All

I'm found an nice site: http://www.openjtag.org
This guys have an open JTAG hardware and software, and was tested with a Samsung S3C2440.

sandokan
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-09-09 5:27 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have two Plenio boards with working JTAG.

1. Parallel port using Universal JTAG dongle unbuffered. Works with HJTAG no problem. Can dump and write to both NAND and NOR flash. openocd works, but caused a memory fault and crashes if you load the s3c2440 nand driver, which sucks. I have tried all version of OCD that have nand support and the problem is still there.

2. USB JTAG dongle from openjtag. Much easier to use as you can have a fairly long USB cable. Works with openocd, but same problem as above if you try to load nand driver.

There are several other jtag tools that also work well.

I have yet to be able to successfully restore a unit to full functionality. I am not really sure why, but I suspect one of the following things.

- HJTAG erases the bad blocks table which means you are screwed.
- The files are corrupted after upload. I have used the verify option in HJTAG and it confirms the file as good, but using Crossworks to dump the nand I can occasionally see errors.
- I may not be loading the bin file to the correct offset.

Have put the project on the shelf for a bit as it really needs a working version of openocd to diagnose the problem. HJTAG is a good tool, but it doesn't have the tools that openocd has. (It is a great way to test that you have a working jtag setup)

If anyone is an expert on deciphering the memory map of an ARM PNA let me know and I will take another shot at flashing the nand via jtag.

I do have a compete dump of the Nand via JTAG (the file is the same as the one I discuss at the beginning of this thread)

I also have the NOR flash bootloader dump which is a 384K eboot file that you can only get via JTAG.

What is really needed is a working serial port to access the bootloader. The bootloader has the ability to check for bad blocks and correctly write the bin file to nand flash. I have wired up the 3 available ports, but no luck entering the bootloader menu or getting any output at all.

Cheers,

Top of the page
admac Page Icon Posted 2011-08-24 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

phowart, i need your help to cook my rom, i played with launch 50 and replace the registry, i need to change it back to launch.exe to revive my gps, help is needed, email me pls, under_cybercafe@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
dnulman Page Icon Posted 2013-08-13 6:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can anyone post the VXA-3000 NK.bin 1.64 O/S file

Thanks Much :-)
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 15