x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-08-07 3:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Version 8.0.0.4402 is the version that I used and it did work without a revising any WinCE files, however you need to Google around a bit to find the correct screen files for the large format screen.

I ended up deleting it since I really only wanted the unit for OziExplorer to load my fishing maps.

Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-08-07 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

IC. OCN8 also works out-of-the-box, but it is very old now.

Can you get exec-check to work fine on ur unit? mine freezes when I open a large file...
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2009-08-09 7:50 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Paul, I did brick my gps sometime ago using some update on SD card. The update is called GPS_windcar, I don't remember, where I got it from. It consist of 7 files chain.bim - 2kb, chain.lst - 1kb,
drivers.bin - 1,948kb, eboot.nb0 - 152kb, formatflash.txt - empty, nk.bin - 22,905 and tinynk.bin - 3,402kb. You can try to substitute some stuff in it to update or "brick" your device, or maybe just as a guide. On my unit called Tevion , similar to Navigo 4.3", I had to switch the unit off using on/off slide at the back of the unit, press and hold menu button and switch the unit on, and bootloader started upgrading, no options thou, I used to have old Mio 3.5" and to get to boot-loader there was some combination which also involved holding the touch screen. Anyway, if you want I can upload this, for you on rapidshare.
 Top of the page
eli
eli Page Icon Posted 2009-08-12 2:29 AM
#
Removed: Violation rule #10
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-08-12 10:41 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Check the beginning of the thread for plenio's support address. The firmware is available there.

Top of the page
Greg
Greg Page Icon Posted 2009-08-15 12:48 PM
#
Removed: violation rule #10
 Top of the page
yourtech Page Icon Posted 2009-08-15 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello I have a VXA-2100

my onyl issue with this unit is the aux. av/audio input only works as a audio input and in the settings its greyed out is there a fix for this
when i choose this option the screen goes black then when i give it a video and audio signal it just buzzes using a stereo head phone jack to rca if i give it audio right and left is send audio to the two speakers at the back
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2009-08-16 5:51 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

phowarth thank you very much for your help
 Top of the page
Venkata Katakam
Venkata Katakam Page Icon Posted 2010-02-07 4:32 PM
#
I lost my SD card. Can some one upload links to 1.64 version NK.bin file for Plenio VXA-3000 and the SDCARD dump.
Please help me
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 8:33 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Howdy, I have some interest in cooking a new rom for this device too, since I've acquired several of them and it is very similar to a mini2440 development board as it uses the same cpu. Which brings me to my point, the Mini2040 site has a good deal of resources on it that might be of interest and use, especially the jtag info and tools. http://www.friendlyarm.net/downloads

As well I got a keyboard program to work that isn't ideal, but you can use it to enter text, and copy and paste it to different program, though I'm running it on the Miopocket unlock program.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e7247/n/big_keys_two_skins_and_fi...

Just drop it in wherever you want it, and edit the reg file for the location where you dropped it, then use the file to add it to the registry. Only one set of skins can be used at a time (the landscapes are the ones I like best) as the options panel wont come up right to chose between different layouts, but the program will find one set. What this does is you can set the keyboard to run this program for keyboard and it allows you to type some text and then copy it to the clipboard. You can then set the transcriber script (rename the org) to just control v to paste the clipboard into a program with the included script. The unregistered version allows up to 20 characters, and the registered allows unlimited (yes there is).

Hopefully we can get a softkey.dll added to rom which should make this unnecessary. Anybody else having trouble with cabinstl with miopocket besides me?
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-03-29 8:35 AM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 8:10 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Howdy,
Found some information I think on the jtag connectors on theses devices. I know there is an empty connector on the inside which might be a normal 20 pin jtag, and the one in the cut out on the bottom might be a 38 pin MICTOR, which has both trace and jtag on one connector. Looks like it has 38 pins, put somebody with better sight than I might be able to say for sure.

Here is a link to a pdf file that has some good pin out info and such.
http://www.ashling.com/technicalarticles/APB156-ARMconnect.pdf

Edit:No it isn't a 38 pin that I can tell.
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-02 8:36 AM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 9:15 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

This seems to be the connector on the bottom.
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/feel_880_pinout.shtml
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 9:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

No telling what the pinout is, but this one does have the jtag pins on it.
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W/vkmobile_107_pinout.shtml
Goat
 Top of the page
jprescod
jprescod Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 3:49 AM
#
Do you mind sharing your V1.62 rom again. The link no longer works. It says "expired".
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 1:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Here is my link to both the 162 and 164 rom.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0ggbb8/n/vxa-3000-164-162-rom-must...
Goat
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 13