x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 2:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is there a tool that can modify the cpu type of an exe? also, one that can modify the subsystem version.

Is there a web page I can read that will give me the structure of a WinCE exe file? If I know which bytes to modify I can create a tool myself.

When I check the sygic exe with depends it shows me cpu=arm, subsystem_ver=4.20 .

When I check other GPS software exe's, I get cpu=thumb for example, or subsystem_ver=5.0

Thanks
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 3:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Execheck will change the subsystem, and there is a utility on the page I sent with the dll dls that will change thump to arm. It will do you little use to change other cpu types to arm though, as they use a different instruction set (different architecture). The 2440 has a thumb instruction set built into it. There is as well a utility that you can run on the device that will suppress those type of errors, and I believe it is already in mio or on the dll dl page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture#Thumb
Goat
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 4:45 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

shpitz461 - 2010-04-14 4:59 AM

ojejoe, which manual are you referring to? can you provide a link?

Have you done any bin modding on the vxa3000?
:
here is the link:
http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/romtoolpack.zip
there are some things in this archive, which will help you with the task,
I didn't do any mods to ce 4.x yet, I've done some to ce5.0.

@ goat
I don't think you can load windows mobile on this device, you would need the
platform builder tom build it from scratch.
If you have working rom for your unit, you can try adding dll files to it,
if it doesn't work, you can always load the original rom.
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 5:19 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Howdy ojejoe,
Yes, platform builder is what I would use. Already built one rom from the mini2440 bsp with it, but it was a hive registry. Have to reinstall PB again as it will not build another now using a regular registry. It seems PB is funny that way I take it, that it likes to be reinstalled rather a lot. Some have tried replacing dlls in the 4.2, but have bricked their devices, so I'm not to apt to do anything with the rom till I at least know I can get the jtag working. Seems so far that a program in rom is the only way that anybody knows how to update the rom on these device, without a jtag, it is rather a bad idea to briick them. Thanks, Goat.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 11:07 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

goat - 2010-04-14 4:19 PM

Howdy ojejoe,
Yes, platform builder is what I would use. Already built one rom from the mini2440 bsp with it, but it was a hive registry. Have to reinstall PB again as it will not build another now using a regular registry. It seems PB is funny that way I take it, that it likes to be reinstalled rather a lot. Some have tried replacing dlls in the 4.2, but have bricked their devices, so I'm not to apt to do anything with the rom till I at least know I can get the jtag working. Seems so far that a program in rom is the only way that anybody knows how to update the rom on these device, without a jtag, it is rather a bad idea to briick them. Thanks, Goat.

It looks like this unit have on/off switch and reset button, maybe the right combination is to switch the unit to off position, press and hold reset button
and then switch it to on position, if you have the right file or files on the sd card it should start the bootloader, sometimes you have to hold the reset
button for up to 30 seconds.
The only problem is to find the right files, some devices have got NK.bin, TINYNK.bin, DRIVERS.bin, CHAIN.bin and CHAIN.lst.
Chain .list file is a text file, which tels the bootloader what files to load, it looks like this:
+TIHYNK
DRIVERS.bin
NK.bin
chain.bin
Have you ever tried DISKRW.exe to dump the flash disk image from this unit onto SD card or maybe pdocread.exe, via USB?
If you can dump the image and upload is somewhere, I can have a look at it and find out what is it.
Maybe this unit has got this YF rom, which is flashed with extracted raw image.
Someone has to know how to flash them from SD card, all the units have got bootloaders, you have to find the way to access it
Here is link to DiskRW:
http://www.4shared.com/file/134354901/9ef633/DiskRW.html
I don't know if this units have got separate 35MB disk with NAND only or NAND is on first partition of the Flash Disk
The dll's from the package have to be together with DiskRW in the same folder or in root of SD.
Have you seen thislink:
http://www.dvs.co.kr/project/english/product/plenio.php
the OS link doesn't work but there are some instructions

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-15 11:28 AM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 9:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ojejoe - 2010-04-15 6:07 AM

It looks like this unit have on/off switch and reset button, maybe the right combination is to switch the unit to off position, press and hold reset button
and then switch it to on position, if you have the right file or files on the sd card it should start the bootloader, sometimes you have to hold the reset
button for up to 30 seconds.
The only problem is to find the right files, some devices have got NK.bin, TINYNK.bin, DRIVERS.bin, CHAIN.bin and CHAIN.lst.
Chain .list file is a text file, which tels the bootloader what files to load, it looks like this:
+TIHYNK
DRIVERS.bin
NK.bin
chain.bin

Howdy, I guess I didn't make myself to clear. We can upgrade the rom from the sd card using a nk.bin, however the only way anybody knows how to do that is to run the process from a menu item from the settings screen from the device once it has fully booted. There is as well no reset switch, only a hard wired on off switch. You might be able to put those files into a 2577 folder on the sd card, but I'm not sure that the autorun function works from just the bootloader if the device is bricked. The only way I have got it to work is being in mio, otherwise there is no evidence that it does anything when just the device is booted, but haven't tested it to much. Something may run, but it doesn't in any obvious way change the state of the device. I'll look for those files though to see if they are there.

Have you ever tried DISKRW.exe to dump the flash disk image from this unit onto SD card or maybe pdocread.exe, via USB?
If you can dump the image and upload is somewhere, I can have a look at it and find out what is it.
Maybe this unit has got this YF rom, which is flashed with extracted raw image.
Someone has to know how to flash them from SD card, all the units have got bootloaders, you have to find the way to access it
Here is link to DiskRW:
http://www.4shared.com/file/134354901/9ef633/DiskRW.html
I don't know if this units have got separate 35MB disk with NAND only or NAND is on first partition of the Flash Disk
The dll's from the package have to be together with DiskRW in the same folder or in root of SD.
Have you seen thislink:
http://www.dvs.co.kr/project/english/product/plenio.php
the OS link doesn't work but there are some instructions

Well, the USB doesn't seem to work. They state in the manual it is for internal testing / use. I've been trying to get it to work, but no luck yet. When I try it crashes the usb port, so I'm wondering if they don't have some pins twisted, though it might be a driver problem? Tried installing the driver from the mini2440, but need to try it on another box, as it doesn't seem to install that I can tell, it errors out trying to use the install, so it may just be this box. I'd say that the 18 pin connector on the bottom of the unit has some other ports like another usb, besides the jtag, but as of yet haven't got a chance to pin them out. Yes, I've seen the www.dvs.co.kr site, and tried to email them, with no luck as the email or feed back system doesn't seem to work. Even sent a note to the web master with no response. Thinking about calling them though to see what I can get out of them as far as tech info. The rom upgrade link doesn't work either, though we do have the roms and have dumped it to files. I have the link for the roms if that would help you to take a look slightly back about where I sent the rom tools link. AUP_VXA3000.exe is the program that runs to upgrade the rom, but it calls core.dll and I don't see any of the files that you mentioned that are in the rom dump. There is an ini that has nk.bin listed, but that is about all I can find, and it doesn't give a path. I guess that it is all built into AUP_VXA3000.exe. Shame, because these are pretty nice devices.
Thank you,
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-15 9:20 PM
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 1:06 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

This roms don't have B000FF signature, there is something wrong with them.
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 2:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

joe, they both have the signature, it's just not at the start of the file.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 2:44 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yes you are right, maybe you have to remove everything before b000ff in order to load it from SD card,
I would also try to convert it to proper image, using xipbin.exe, before trying to load it.
Kernel is inside it but I think it should be at the end as an image, unless it is designed this way, I am not
an expert, maybe cmonex should look at it an shed some light.

Can anybody actually dump the disk image, so we can look at it properly?

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-17 2:50 AM
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 3:33 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

goat - 2010-04-02 3:10 AM
Looks like it has 38 pins, put somebody with better sight than I might be able to say for sure.

Goat

The external connector is for a DVD player that Plenio also designed, but never sold.

I have spent countless hour's trying to trace back the internal connector to the cpu to determine if they are infact JTAG, with not luck. As I recall the internal connector is "isolated" from the ARM processor with a chip that made it had to trace.

I did manage to get the ARM chip off one of my boards, but destroyed the underlying foil in the process. You will need a rework station with hot air to do this properly.

You out bid me for the 4 units on eBAY!! so I expect you to do the dirty work and find the pinouts. )

Cheers
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 4:41 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

phowarth - 2010-04-16 10:33 PM

The external connector is for a DVD player that Plenio also designed, but never sold.

I have spent countless hour's trying to trace back the internal connector to the cpu to determine if they are infact JTAG, with not luck. As I recall the internal connector is "isolated" from the ARM processor with a chip that made it had to trace.

I did manage to get the ARM chip off one of my boards, but destroyed the underlying foil in the process. You will need a rework station with hot air to do this properly.

You out bid me for the 4 units on eBAY!! so I expect you to do the dirty work and find the pinouts. )

Cheers

Howdy phowarth,
Nice to see you back. I know that somewhere it said the serial jack was to control an external dvd player, but it would seem that if that could be done with a serial jack that there is way to many pins on the 18 pin jack to accomplish the same thing and it certainly isn't in the clear like the serial jack. Shrug, don't know, but the schematics I've dl and looked at of some other devices have a pretty much straight through from the connector to the pins of the cpu for the jtag (as I said, the mini2440 documentation is worth the look).

Sorry to hear that you ruined the board trying to get the cpu off, usually a hot air gun works rather well for that task, but it is a bit harder to get them back on.

Have to admit that was a nice sale, and I didn't even realize it was for four the way the auction was wrote up till right at the last. If another like it comes up, I need not be bidding on it so your chances will be better. : )
Regards,
Goat
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 2:56 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hey guys,
I am testing some software, which is able to recreate roms from DiskRW dump,
so far this software helped to recover about 20 GPS units, MIO, Binatone, Tevion
Navigo, HP IPAQ 31x series and more.
Here is my last offer, if someone is willing to dump the disk image, we can have
proper rom, which can be loaded from SD and we can test the software even better.
You run DiskRW.exe from SD card.

instructions:
1.Start DiskRW
2.Select from combo-box (close to 'Store:' -> SMFlash or DSK1, whichever is containing NAND
3.Press '...' button and select 'Storage Card' (where to save your disk.img); If '...' doesn't work you can write (using any keyboard you have) the name of the SDCard folder of your PNA (ex: \Storage Card\, \SDMMC\ ...)
4.Press 'Read' button. A Hourglass will appear and it will take some time, 2GB took 15 minutes

You can upload it somewhere
Do you really think that this Pleno manufacturer developed special JTAG box to load firmware on it,
Did you eve try Atlas Manager?
It has got some drivers, which connect the devices to PC via not working USB port, try it.

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-18 2:59 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AtlasMgr 5.8.7.rar (81KB - 37 downloads)
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 4:15 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ojejoe - 2010-04-17 9:56 PM

Hey guys,
I am testing some software, which is able to recreate roms from DiskRW dump,
so far this software helped to recover about 20 GPS units, MIO, Binatone, Tevion
Navigo, HP IPAQ 31x series and more.
Here is my last offer, if someone is willing to dump the disk image, we can have
proper rom, which can be loaded from SD and we can test the software even better.
You run DiskRW.exe from SD card.

Hey ojejoe
Great offer there, been meaning to write back about your last one, as I've been trying to get DiskRW to work,
and in fact spent all day yesterday dealing with the problems I thought it caused (it was actually some other change with the
keyboard program I upped, though there is no problem with the kb program I upped, was just testing another agyshell with it, and it was causing problems with other program when the kb program was running. The best agyshell, seems to be #14, as it doesn't cause the interference with the other programs like #13 was, specifically with the mdict program, and the resulting blank right side, and when you use #14 the options screen actually comes up in the kb program not blank), but anyways, no luck in getting the DiskRW to work yet. After finding the right agyshell (which is why I was messing with agyshells to begin with), I got it to come up without being blank but it isn't all in view either and it doesn't seem to like landscape very well, and after a minute or two it freezes the whole comp. Could probably use the kb program to enter the required fields, but it does have to work and be able to get to the fields to do so.

instructions:
1.Start DiskRW
2.Select from combo-box (close to 'Store:' -> SMFlash or DSK1, whichever is containing NAND
3.Press '...' button and select 'Storage Card' (where to save your disk.img); If '...' doesn't work you can write (using any keyboard you have) the name of the SDCard folder of your PNA (ex: \Storage Card\, \SDMMC\ ...)
4.Press 'Read' button. A Hourglass will appear and it will take some time, 2GB took 15 minutes

I will keep working on trying to get the program to work, but maybe somebody else working on it would help too.
Any other suggestions for programs to try?

You can upload it somewhere
Do you really think that this Pleno manufacturer developed special JTAG box to load firmware on it,
Did you eve try Atlas Manager?
It has got some drivers, which connect the devices to PC via not working USB port, try it.

I doubt the that they developed a special box, probably just a connector, which is actually called a samsung connector, though there are many different ways of wiring them for different purposes.
Never heard of the Atlas Manager, I will give it a try, though I did try Platform Builder. Problem is though so far that it just doesn't not find a driver, it crashes the port.
Thanks,
Goat

Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 5:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ok, no luck, what is Atlas Manager (I'd guess it is some sort of a phone program or such for doing phone hacking or what not), and where can I find it? Goat
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 10:50 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Atlas Manager is a software to download and upload NAND flash using JTAG,
it gives you some other options as well, is not for phones is for ARM processors
You can find it two posts above.
You have to find documentation for it, to connect to your device, it is like bootloader
in some cases.
Read the text file inside how to connect.

What you normally use to dump the NAND, backondisk or backsamsung, try them
You can try installing Compact frameworks 3.5 and use this dumper:

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-18 10:53 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments NDump.rar (11KB - 28 downloads)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.390 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 33