x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 7:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Here is one with dumprom. The one you posted wont work with out framework, and one of the problems is that you can't get anything installed on this device with a cab (at least I've had no luck doing so yet) though 3.5 is suppose to be in miopocket, it didn't work (in fact, something corrupted my sd card, and had to reinstall everything, fun fun). The other two I didn't try because it has already been said that they don't work. If this isn't what you want, then I will try those.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=042XLXMS
Regards,
Goat
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:07 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

goat - 2010-04-18 6:19 AM

Regards,
Goat

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-19 2:14 AM
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

goat - 2010-04-18 6:19 AM

Here is one with dumprom. The one you posted wont work with out framework, and one of the problems is that you can't get anything installed on this device with a cab (at least I've had no luck doing so yet) though 3.5 is suppose to be in miopocket, it didn't work (in fact, something corrupted my sd card, and had to reinstall everything, fun fun). The other two I didn't try because it has already been said that they don't work. If this isn't what you want, then I will try those.
Regards,
Goat

Hi Goat,
how did you dump it, it's a bootloader repeated 64 times, are you testing me or something?
Some devices need bootloader on SD card to load images, it is usually called eboot.nb0 or nboot.nb0,
this one has got some ref. to ethernet.
Try this version of dumper

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-19 2:43 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments NDump.rar (11KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:38 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

"how did you dump it, it's a bootloader repeated 64 times, are you testing me or something?
Try this version of dumper"

I have tried all the ROM dumping tools and the only thing you will get is the boot loader. This isn't really a problem as the files can all be extracted from the SD card image.

If you know anything about bootloaders it would be great to get your thoughts on how to enter the bootloader menu.

Edited by phowarth 2010-04-19 2:39 AM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:41 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ojejoe - 2010-04-18 9:08 PM

Hi Goat,
how did you dump it, it's a bootloader repeated 64 times, are you testing me or something?
Try this version of dumper

I dumped it with romdump from cmonex's site. The 64meg version. When I opened in the editor, it looked as if that is what it did to me too, but I didn't want you think I've been loafing. At least it worked better then any others so far. : ) The other two (backondisk or backsamsung) must certainly don't work either.
I'll try this new one you suggest.
Regards,
Goat

Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:45 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Took another look at the internal connector. It is a 32 PIN connector with what looks to be a 12 pin header for soldering on another interface.

I was going to order the cable for the connector last year but I never got around to it. I may take a look at my notes this week and have one made up.

(Internal 32 Pin connector_V2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Internal 32 Pin connector_V2.jpg (49KB - 7 downloads)
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:52 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

phowarth - 2010-04-18 1:38 PM

"how did you dump it, it's a bootloader repeated 64 times, are you testing me or something?
Try this version of dumper"

I have tried all the ROM dumping tools and the only thing you will get is the boot loader. This isn't really a problem as the files can all be extracted from the SD card image.

If you know anything about bootloaders it would be great to get your thoughts on how to enter the bootloader menu.

Is there any other partition on this device or some other disk in Control Panel/Storage Manager?
What is the SD card image, if this is the OS image you are referring to, it is not enough, you need kernel
at the end of the image.
That's why I need the dump to find out if there is a way to get the whole image.
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 7:58 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Got this one using testdump. It does dump to all the os files, so hopefully it is what you want.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TWA2VLAT
Regards,
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-19 8:00 AM
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 11:05 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

goat - 2010-04-18 6:58 PM

Got this one using testdump. It does dump to all the os files, so hopefully it is what you want.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TWA2VLAT
Regards,
Goat

I will try this later.
I have asked aroud about diskRW on ce4, that what I got:
"CE4.2: if diskrw doesn't work means that in the device's coredll are missing some functions(ioctl's). I would suggest to find on net some coredl2.dll (maybe from Miopocket because they are relocated!!!), rename it "coredll.dll", copy it along with aygshell and commctrl in the same dir with diskrw and try again."
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 1:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi goat,
I did use dumprom and dumped 225 files, the Tool I am using is not working on it B000FF.exe dumps nothing from it,
XIPPORT does nothing, ther is something wrong with the dump.

@ phowarth,
did you try removing everything before B000FF and loading the image from SD card?
You can try all sort of combinations, holding sleep button and resetting at the same time,
I had one unit, where you had to hold the screen pressed, ok button which was on the lef to the screen
and on/off switch at the back, HP IPAQ has got mouse wheel on side of the unit and reset button
under it, you have to pres the mouse wheel and hold it an reset the unit and wait for butloader screen,
other units don't have this type of bootloader, it pops up, when you have got right files on SD card
and it doesn't give you any choices, it just shows progress, there is no way back.
The SD card should also be rather small, I was using old 64MB on one unit and 512MB MC on other.
Try also putting a text file on it called Chain.lst, lst is from list, so there is no 1 or i, and
put only one line in it +NK.bin save it as Chain.lst

Till we don't get the proper dump we don't know if there is more, it does say it's kernel in dumprom dump.txt
maybe this is it.

attached photo of the bootloader, Paul you may recognize it, since you loaded the files.

(pleno.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pleno.gif (39KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 3:47 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi ojejoe,

I guess I should clarify. I can see the bootloader, however there is no way to load a MENU that would allow you to flash a new image from the SD card. The only way to load a new image is from the upgrade tool in a working unit.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 9:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

With some bootloaders you don't get any menues, you just get some info and progress bar, you have to accept that.
Why do you think your unit is special, it isn't any known brand.
Tell me the truth how did you manage to brick you Pleno?
Did you try to add extra dll files or you changed registry, just tell me.
I will ask someone else to have a look at the bootloader and OS, he is
the Master on this subject, he has developed the Tool.
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 1:00 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I don't think it is special, just hoping that there may be a way as I haven't been able to figure out a working JTAG configuration.

Custom firmware.. see the first 3 pages of this thread for all the details on how I bricked the Plenio.

Cheers
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 4:15 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

If anyone would like to have their VXA-3000/VXA-2100 boot to WinCE desktop and are brave enough to load a custom ROM send me a PM with an email and I will forward to you. Feel free to upload it to a share site, I don't have an account anywhere.

Attached is a screen image. I have loaded it into both a VXA-3000 and the VXA-2100. I personally only use this unit in my boat with OZIExplorer, so booting to the desktop is a little easier for me. The default time zone has also been changed to Eastern, not that it matters much as the GPS will change the time to your location.

The registry edits for loading Explorer.exe and the timezone changes are the only edits. Basically the changes I outlined when I started this thread.

The "Hack" is based on version 1.62 of the nk.bin

Cheers

PS .. as usual no warranty is implied or offered. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Edited by phowarth 2010-04-22 4:18 AM

(IMG_4064.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4064.jpg (13KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 3:47 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi goat and Paul,
I am attaching some NAND dumpers, one is for Atlas II/III and the other 3
for some Samsung cpu's
I did try it on my Atlas IV, didn't work, you may add this three dll files from
DiskRW, in case it gives error different to wrong processor.

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-24 3:54 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Atlas3_NR.rar (69KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments S3C2440_NR_1_0_0_5.rar (68KB - 23 downloads)
Attachments S3C2440_NR_1_0_0_8.rar (73KB - 20 downloads)
Attachments S3C2443_NR_1_0_0_8.rar (73KB - 19 downloads)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 16