x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Razorbook CE Working Applications

1 2 3 4 5 6
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I tried iMov on my SmartQ the other day. It ran but it didn't connect as previously noted. It may be worth trying some other messaging clients though, like ones built using the .NET CF or even some WM2003 apps. I tried gsICQ, but I could never get the preferences dialog to show up in either version (1.x and 2.x).
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 8:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

anybody see these for sub $150 yet?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

mscdex - 2010-02-19 10:24 PM

I tried iMov on my SmartQ the other day. It ran but it didn't connect as previously noted. It may be worth trying some other messaging clients though, like ones built using the .NET CF or even some WM2003 apps. I tried gsICQ, but I could never get the preferences dialog to show up in either version (1.x and 2.x).

It's worth to try Pigeon. getbest.ru
It runs nicely on CE 6.0 (there is CE 5.0 version).
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 9:28 PM
#
Can Anyone recommend a medium power database program. I have Softmaker Office and it's the best, but I don't think their new database program will be for WinCE. I need one that can install from an SD card since I don't have any Syncing ability.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Alt Bass - 2010-02-19 3:34 PM

mscdex - 2010-02-19 10:24 PM

It's worth to try Pigeon. getbest.ru
It runs nicely on CE 6.0 (there is CE 5.0 version).

I just tried it, but it doesn't connect to any server I tried. I even tried connecting to a server I set up on another computer on my local network, and it kept saying "incorrect uin or password" and I can see that it never hits my jabber server. On a remote jabber server, it seems to connect but gets stuck with a status of "Initialize".

I tried a multitude of other messengers and jabber clients for WM or CE, and none of them actually run except Pigeon and gsicq/mchat (which have problems displaying the settings menu -- making it useless). It also doesn't help that executabilitycheck doesn't run in CE 6.0 for me, it just tells me that there was an error and all you can do is hit OK and it never comes up.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 10:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Alt Bass - 2010-02-19 7:14 AM

wdquine - 2010-02-18 11:08 AM

I give up, i am gonna sell this thing, im tired of the software i need/want not working, i just nabbed a mobilepro 900 off of ebay, china can have their crappy windows ce netbook's back as far as im concerned.

Chinese netbooks are for guys with tough nerves.

Or folks who like to solve puzzles. (Fortunately for me, I do. )
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-20 3:33 AM
#
I got mine from ebay for $80 shipped.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-02-20 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

mscdex - 2010-02-20 12:44 AM

I just tried it, but it doesn't connect to any server I tried. I even tried connecting to a server I set up on another computer on my local network, and it kept saying "incorrect uin or password" and I can see that it never hits my jabber server. On a remote jabber server, it seems to connect but gets stuck with a status of "Initialize".

I tried a multitude of other messengers and jabber clients for WM or CE, and none of them actually run except Pigeon and gsicq/mchat (which have problems displaying the settings menu -- making it useless). It also doesn't help that executabilitycheck doesn't run in CE 6.0 for me, it just tells me that there was an error and all you can do is hit OK and it never comes up.

Are you sure you actually has a connection? Did you try other WWW apps?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-20 7:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Alt Bass - 2010-02-20 8:41 AM

mscdex - 2010-02-20 12:44 AM

Are you sure you actually has a connection? Did you try other WWW apps?

Yes I am sure.
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 2:53 PM
#
Does the Razorbook come with activesync capability and a cable? If not how did you get ListPro and PocketDos and those other apps installed? I downloaded pocketdos trial to see if it worked on my generic CE 6.0 machine but it only wants to install using activesync and I don't see any cab file downloads on the site. Same for several databases I've tried.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-02-25 2:02 AM
#
I had most the cabs and executables backed up from years of messing with different devices. You can always install activesync on your desktop and run the installers. The cab files will end up in the activesync folder. Just copy them to usb/sd card.

Cheers
 Top of the page
tborden
tborden Page Icon Posted 2010-02-25 3:05 PM
#
I tried that and gave up when I got the message that no CE device was detected. I never thought to look in the Activesync folder for the cab files. It was very frustrating not being able to install anything.
Thanks.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 6:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

A few more tweaks and i'll release my WinCE hack (hacked to fit 800x480 resolution and work on winCE) of RoxIRC which is a tcl/tk IRC client. It will require etcl to run however.

Cheers
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 7:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I couldn't find a download for eTcl 1.0-RC17 anywhere, but I did find one for 1.0-RC21 (through archive.org). That version seems to work fine. (It's the current version - 1.0.1 - that doesn't seem to work.) So I look forward to trying your port of RoxIRC.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-03-27 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I uploaded a small zip with some freeware/shareware applications that run fine on my razorbook (CE5) and TinyBook (CE6). Just unpack to an SD/USB card and run from there, or copy the files/folders you want to your device. It includes some games, emulators, editors, messengers, ebook readers, mp3 players, image viewers, file managers, etc.

Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0e038e/n/wince5-6soft.zip

Cheers.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.985 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 26