x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: (Flashback) Vadem / MainStreet Clio C-1050

[Frozen]
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-02-21 4:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It has been some time since we last published a review here on HPC:Factor, so it is exciting to see that our first review for 2010 is a flashback review, where the author takes a perspective on a legacy device through modern eyes.

The topic of discussion for this review is the Vadem / MainStreet Networks Clio C-1050, a device which at the time of its released created quite a stir with its innovative design features and multi-mode form factor.

Gregg Fritchle takes us through the features of the Clio and outlines how he thinks the device stands up a little over 10 years since its original release.

Once you have read the review, let us know what you think of the Clio in the discussion through the comments or, as ever, join in with the ongoing discussion of all things H/PC on the forums.

View: Vadem / MainStreet Clio C-1050
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 4:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 6:09 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-03-04 11:07 PM

Well, I see at least one person has read it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VADEM-Clio-C-1050-Handheld-PC_W0QQitemZ20044660...

I like how they start the product description off with a contradiction: "BRAND NEW used Clio for sale."
Shoran
Shoran Page Icon Posted 2011-04-10 5:58 AM
#
I have had a Clio for many years, mostly sitting looking at me at my desk. Tho, rarely used, I love it and cannot throw it away. I also have an old Commodore 64 and Video Toaster. My question to anyone out there who must also love their old beauty is this: Is there any possiblity with all of the form factor changes since 98, to put in a new motherboard and convert this into some kind of Linux box? I was never in love with how it ran, just the look and feel and touch of my Clio.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. I have an advanced A+ class that I teach and if we had some guidelines or things to avoid, this box might be awesome to reinvent.

Scott Horan
Jeffersonville HS
shoran@gcs.k12.in.us
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8