x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3G and Jornada 728

1 2
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-03-04 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ntware, you should be able to find information about how to connect to your specific provider using terminal commands with a search. Try a Google search for:
CGDCONT xyz
where xyz is your provider name. In fact all you need will be to add this "extra initialization command" to the modem setup, and then to dial a specified number *99# or such. But for the best instructions, try the above search for your specific provider.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thank you isotherm for your great suggestion. I found informations about Brazilian providers and how to connect to them using terminal commands. To help our brazilian members, I will put the information here (in portuguese, sorry - probably it will not be useful in another language anyway ) The only question is: How can I put "username" and "password" on commands at the terminal?

1) TIM

- String de Inicialização:

Utilize um dos valores abaixo:

at+cgdcont=1,"ip","tim.br"

at+cgcont=1,"ip","tim.br"

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","tim.br"

AT+gcdcont=1,"IP","tim.br"

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","tim.br","0.0.0.0"

- Login e senha:

Login: tim

Senha: tim

- Número de discagem:

*99***1#

*99**1#

Nos celulares que possuem CID o número 1 deve ser substituído pelo CID.

2) CLARO

- String de Inicialiação:

+cgdcont=1,"IP","claro.com.br"

at+cgdcont=1,"ip","claro.com.br"

at+cgcont=1,"ip"," claro.com.br "

at+cgdcont=1,"IP"," claro.com.br "

AT+gcdcont=1,"IP"," claro.com.br "

+CGDCONT=1,"IP"," claro.com.br ","0.0.0.0"

- Login e senha:

Login: claro

Senha: claro

- Número de discagem:

*99***1#

*99**1#

3) OI

- String de Inicialiação:

at+cgatt=0;+cgdcont=1,"ip","gprs.oi.com.br";^sgauth=1

at+cgadd=0.,+cgdconp=1,”ip”,”gprs.oi.com.br”.^fgamth=1

- Login e senha:

Login: oiwap

Senha: oioioi

- Número de discagem:

*99***1#

*99**1#

1XRTT

Esse tipo de conexão pode, teoricamente, atingir velocidades superiores ao GPRS e inferiores ao EDGE. Embora seja a conexão manual mais simples, poucas pessoas já conseguiram utilizar. Para conectar é necessário entrar em contato com a Vivo e contratar a utilização. A forma de configuração é idêntica ao GPRS, porém mudam os parâmetros, que são listados abaixo. Não é necessária nenhuma string de inicialização.

- Login e senha:

Login: código de área sem o zero + número do telefone@vivozap.com.br (ex.: 2155555555@vivozap.com.br
Senha: vivo (inicialmente, depois será necessário substituí-la)

- Número de discagem:

Edited by ntware 2010-03-05 12:49 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-03-11 3:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I just want to register here that the configs I put on my last post works (at least for TIM). My EDGE card arrived today and I just tested it right now.

To clarify better the process, what I did was:
1) Open Remote Networking (Start->Programs->Communication->Remote Networking)
2) Make New Connection
3) Put the name you want, select Dial-Up Connection and click Next
4) On the "Select a modem" screen, select the Sony_Ericsson-GC85_PC_Card (windows recognized it correctly)
5) Click on Configure and select "Manual Dial" and "Use terminal window BEFORE dialing"
6) At Connection Preferences on the same screen, select the fastest Baud Rate that is 115200 (try slower ones if this doesn't work) - I wonder if it can go faster than that
7) Click on OK to close the screen and return to "Make New Dial-Up Connection Wizzard" and click Next
8) On the Telephone number, put the number specified by you provider to connect. In my case (TIM) it was *99***1# and click Finish
9) Open the connection you just created by double-clicking it
10) At User Name and Password screen, put the login information specified by the provider. In my case it was User: tim and Password: tim
11) Click on Connect. The terminal window will appear (if the terminal window doesn't appear and you receive an error message, check if you selected "Manual Dial" and "Use terminal window BEFORE dialing" at the Configure option on the Make New Dial-Up Connection Wizzard)
12) type AT+CFUN=1 and wait until you receive the "MRDY: 3" message
13) type AT+CGDCONT=1,"ip","tim.br" (in your case change "tim.br" with your proveder's APN)
14) type ATD*99***1# (change the *99***1# with the phone number that your provider specified. Usually standard is *99***1# but there may be some different ones)
15) you will see CONNECT and a lot of weird screen characters appearing. At this point, click File->Continue. You will see the most-wanted "CONNECTED" screen.
16) You are ready to go! Open Opera or your favorite browser and start surfing the web wireless!!!

I hope I can help someone with this little "how-to"

Edited by ntware 2010-03-11 3:32 AM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-30 8:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ntware - 2010-03-10 10:31 PM

I just want to register here that the configs I put on my last post works (at least for TIM). My EDGE card arrived today and I just tested it right now.

To clarify better the process, what I did was:
1) Open Remote Networking (Start->Programs->Communication->Remote Networking)
2) Make New Connection
3) Put the name you want, select Dial-Up Connection and click Next
4) On the "Select a modem" screen, select the Sony_Ericsson-GC85_PC_Card (windows recognized it correctly)
5) Click on Configure and select "Manual Dial" and "Use terminal window BEFORE dialing"
6) At Connection Preferences on the same screen, select the fastest Baud Rate that is 115200 (try slower ones if this doesn't work) - I wonder if it can go faster than that
7) Click on OK to close the screen and return to "Make New Dial-Up Connection Wizzard" and click Next
8) On the Telephone number, put the number specified by you provider to connect. In my case (TIM) it was *99***1# and click Finish
9) Open the connection you just created by double-clicking it
10) At User Name and Password screen, put the login information specified by the provider. In my case it was User: tim and Password: tim
11) Click on Connect. The terminal window will appear (if the terminal window doesn't appear and you receive an error message, check if you selected "Manual Dial" and "Use terminal window BEFORE dialing" at the Configure option on the Make New Dial-Up Connection Wizzard)
12) type AT+CFUN=1 and wait until you receive the "MRDY: 3" message
13) type AT+CGDCONT=1,"ip","tim.br" (in your case change "tim.br" with your proveder's APN)
14) type ATD*99***1# (change the *99***1# with the phone number that your provider specified. Usually standard is *99***1# but there may be some different ones)
15) you will see CONNECT and a lot of weird screen characters appearing. At this point, click File->Continue. You will see the most-wanted "CONNECTED" screen.
16) You are ready to go! Open Opera or your favorite browser and start surfing the web wireless!!!

I hope I can help someone with this little "how-to"

Thank you, ntware, very useful, I couldn't have made it without your guide.
I would just add the followings:
a) obligatory deactivate the SIM card PIN-code before starting this set-up, otherwise you will get errors on points 12 or 13
b) please note that every AT command must start with AT and end with Enter (carriage return)
c) almost always the server will give an answer (OK or other message)
d) on point 15 once connected hurry up to click File->Continue, there is not automatic further step on the server side, after about 30 sec you might end disconnected
e) at any step to check the connection with the server type AT and the response will be OK
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-19 9:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Going back to the Sierra Aircard 850/860 did anyone report it to work for sure with Jornada 720 providing 3G connection? If positive, it would be nice to write a few details on that (with RedGear or w/o it, settings, drivers, etc). Thank you!

Edited by arlex 2010-06-19 9:57 AM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

arlex, it seems impossible to have 3G conection speeds on the jornada, specially if you use PCMCIA adapters. See this post: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14957&po...
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 7:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

no is possible
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 7:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ntware - 2010-06-27 11:19 AM

arlex, it seems impossible to have 3G conection speeds on the jornada, specially if you use PCMCIA adapters. See this post: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14957&po...

Thanks, it is stated clear that the limitation in the speed with the pcmcia adapters comes from the serial port. Hm, odd!
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 8:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

rgisondi - 2010-06-27 2:19 PM

no is possible

How can you achieve that rgisondi? Please give us some details, I'm very interested! Thanks.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11