x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tinybook support only

« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next »
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-24 11:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There are several version of flash that are for windows mobile that have been modded or adapted to straight CE...but a lot depends on the host website and the protocol they are using as to whether they will work with the existing web browser for these older or unique machines....
 Top of the page
BigRoam21 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-08 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello Gents,
I've been toying around with this TinyBook again and reading your posts and I got PokeNES to work, sorta. I tried Tetris and a Tom&Jerry game. the tetris worked, but the other one turned the machine off. And I am having a bit of trouble configuring the controls. Anyone know if a PS3 or PC controller would work?
Also, Is there a YouTube downloader compatible with this thing?

Edited by BigRoam21 2012-01-08 4:37 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-08 7:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-08 8:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

In response to the first part, there are no USB game controllers with drivers for Windows CE...at least none that I am aware of. You might try searching for HID (human interface device) and USB and Windows CE and see what info you can come up with. There is quite a bit of interest on various websites with discussion...but no practical application of that information that I am aware.
 Top of the page
BigRoam21 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-09 3:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks you guys. The Web video downloader was an expired link. The YouTubePlay errored saying that the .net framework was not supported. I have 3.5 I believe, but I am not sure. i tried to install 3.5 and it said that I had a newer version already. Smooth tube installs fine, but errors: An unexpected error has occurred in SYTD .exe . select quit and then restart.. at:

Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr[screen cut off] (PAL_ERROR ar)
at
Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.InputPanel..ctor()
at
Wassimk.SmoothUI.SmoothTextBos..
Ctor()...
The list goes ... at ...
ends with
Wassimk.SmoothYoutubeDownloader.
Pages.Search.get_Instance()
at Test.MainForm..ctor()
at Test.Program.Main()

I appreciate your help, guys. This thing is pretty cool after all
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-09 3:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try the link in the last post in the below thread to see if it gets YouTubePlay working:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16387

This applet allows .NET 3.5's backward compatibility to work, so that .NET CF 2.0 apps (including both YouTubePlay and WVD) can work on a device with .NET CF 3.5 installed. (You have to run the applet every time you start up the TinyBook, because it doesn't retain that setting. I've put it in the StartUp folder in mine.)

All three of the video downloader apps are from xda-developers.com, but you have to register on the forums to download there. Here's a link for WVD that does work:

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=2624
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-20 9:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

OMG!

I've had this Tinybook that has an unknown password on it and tried about every word I could think of...without success.

Today I had a massive stroke of genius! I don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for me...I now have a functional T706.

Here is what I did:

I copied the safe_nk.nbo file from a standard 8505 flash image and copied it to a 2Gb SD card.

Then I renamed it to nk.bin because that is the standard image file many developers used to flash CE 6.0 devices.

I stuck it in my password protected Tinybook and held down the right mouse button on the keyboard while powering on...the Tinybook went into the system update mode.

I left it there for about 15-20 seconds, and it didn't seem like anything was happening, so I pulled the card out. The screen stayed in the update mode.

I then reset the device using the pinhole on the bottom and tried to power on.

The damn thing started right up like there was no password at all on the thing, right to the proper screen. I must not have changed anything, because all the proper T706 folders are there, the wifi works, it is like it should be.

I am like a pig in S _ _ T!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-01-21 7:32 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Rich, that *is* a stroke of genius. How did this workaround ever occur to you? Hey, from GodMedia, I bought a second TB that has no password, but freezes during the boot (no one knows why).

Is your workaround for passwords only, or do you think it might help this machine as well?

Congratulations, Rich,
Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-21 12:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It may have just been a fluke...I don't know...but it worked for me. It was something I tried from pure desperation.

I have two other Tinybooks that do what you describe, acts like they are loading the OS...you see the Tinybook logo screen, and the progression bar across the bottom of the screen. And then they hang forever in limbo.

My "fix" didn't work for them at all. I'm not even sure my "fix" is really a fix. I need someone else with a password protected Tinybook to see if they can duplicate my success.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-01-21 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

GodMedia has one password-protected, I think. And yes, my symptoms are your symptoms, that hanging thing. I hope RTFM is reading this; he might have a suggestion.

But I am glad to hear one of yours is up and running,
Jake
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2012-01-21 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

That's a remarkable discovery! You deserve a winning lottery ticket. Yes, I still have a password-protected TB. Let me follow your footstep to see if I can reproduce your magic fix. I'm downloading CE 6 ROMFLASH WM8505.zip from this site and 8505.rar from Rapidshare. Yes, both downloads contain safe_nk.nbo. An interesting project for me today!
Thanks.
Rich Hawley - 2012-01-20 1:00 PM

OMG!

I've had this Tinybook that has an unknown password on it and tried about every word I could think of...without success.

Today I had a massive stroke of genius! I don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for me...I now have a functional T706.

Here is what I did:

I copied the safe_nk.nbo file from a standard 8505 flash image and copied it to a 2Gb SD card.

Then I renamed it to nk.bin because that is the standard image file many developers used to flash CE 6.0 devices.

I stuck it in my password protected Tinybook and held down the right mouse button on the keyboard while powering on...the Tinybook went into the system update mode.

I left it there for about 15-20 seconds, and it didn't seem like anything was happening, so I pulled the card out. The screen stayed in the update mode.

I then reset the device using the pinhole on the bottom and tried to power on.

The damn thing started right up like there was no password at all on the thing, right to the proper screen. I must not have changed anything, because all the proper T706 folders are there, the wifi works, it is like it should be.

I am like a pig in S _ _ T!

Edited by CAuser 2012-01-21 5:29 PM
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 4:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I restored 1 TB to a backup registry and made it hang at boot. Then, I used Rich's technique to do "System update... Waiting...". After a reset, TB came back from graveyard. It's dangerous to change TB's registry.

Edited by CAuser 2012-01-22 4:46 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 5:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, then it must do something, I mean it must not be a total fluke if it worked for you too! Wo wo!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

CAuser--how did you restore the registry?

Jake
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I used Regedit.exe from PHM to back up registry from a good TB. I then used the same tool to restore the backup to a bad one. The prerequisite is you have to be able to reach the desktop. Somehow, restoring a backup registry to a TB with issues other than boot caused hang during boot.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.186 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9