x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE 1.0 Powertoys

elgarteo95 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-22 3:43 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just bought a Hitachi HPW-10 from a second-hand store, only the machine, without the sync cable
Now the problem comes
I want to get Windows CE 1.0 Powertoys on my machine but it requires H/PC explorer
Anyone who have H/PC explorer can attached the CAB version of the powertoys (SH3 version)?
Thank you very much

Edited by elgarteo95 2010-05-22 3:49 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-05-22 11:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Windows CE 1.0x doesn't use the cab method, you have to use H/PC:Ex.

Any Windows 9x VM will work or and 2000/XP VM/System. If you use ActiveSync use my (HPC:Factor) XP version.
To get H/PC:Ex working manually there are guides in support.
 Top of the page
elgarteo95 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-23 10:33 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I installed H/PC Explorer on NT4 and run the powertoys setup
It requires me to sync w/ the PC but I dont have any cable or infrared port
Or anyone can attached the exe here?
 Top of the page
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-03-04 4:38 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I take it nobody figured out how to do this then? Yeah, I know this thread's a little under 3 years old, but my question is the same as this here and hasn't actually been answered. I have a copy of Powertoys 1.0, a Compaq C120, and no way of transferring files other than via PCMCIA card.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-03-04 9:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE1 uses a bespoke push installer, there are no structures on the host machine as there are with CE 2.0

The only way to get the data would be to do the install onto a device and then copy it off; unless you binary extract them from the installer (which are usually installshield and propriatory).
 Top of the page
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 1:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

C:Amie - 2013-03-04 9:16 PM

CE1 uses a bespoke push installer, there are no structures on the host machine as there are with CE 2.0

The only way to get the data would be to do the install onto a device and then copy it off; unless you binary extract them from the installer (which are usually installshield and propriatory).
I've got a converter for the installer program, which as far as I'm aware uses H/PC Explorer to extract the files to a directory somewhere - problem is, the converter won't install, which may be something to do with me refusing to let it horse around with my network setup. Is there a way I can install H/PC Explorer, and get it fully working, without having to plug my palmtop into the computer? I can't plug it in, see, I just have no way of doing it.

EDIT: Actually, I was really impressed by the installer for Internet Explorer 1.1 - a small but fully-fledged installer package that actually ran on the H/PC itself.

Edited by markfptuson 2013-03-05 1:37 PM
 Top of the page
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 9:31 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I've got H/PC Explorer 1.1 installed - in theory. RAS won't do anything, I can't connect to my palmtop in any way because I haven't got a cable or even a serial port, and with the installation I've got I can't seem to get the converter to install. It just literally says "Installation failed.'

Can nobody help with this?
 Top of the page
daffy1234 Page Icon Posted 2019-11-30 8:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry for necroposting here but your best bet is to buy a usb to serial cable. A generic $8 one off ebay should do the trick. Then in your VM software (i.e. Virtualbox) tell it to use the serial port.

e.g. in Virtualbox https://i.imgur.com/vSWyRDR.png
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 30