x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-08-26 9:20 PM
#
Really only 2 hours on your tinybook Rich? You must have a bunk battery. I easily get 5 hours on mine, sometimes more depending on usage. I hit almost 7 hours without wifi and brightness 2 notches from the lowest when im reading ebooks. (according to resinfo as i dont read for 7 hours straight obviously)

The tinybook is nice. It's got legit software, an unbrickable ce6 install (trust me ive tried), super fast, plays 700mb divx movies without a hitch, etc etc. I "was" going to try hacking the bootloader so i could run ARM Ubuntu on it, but i've been very impressed with this machines stability and have gotten more than i thought possible running on it. I even have Qemu running linux inside of CE on it at a reasonable speed.

http://hostwork.com/users/matt/wince/qemu-linux-ce6.jpg

Cheers
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 3:18 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich Hawley - 2010-08-26 1:18 PM

The rom image is pure Windows CE 6.0, buiild 3122.

what version is that, is it the latest ver 6?
If not, do you know what is the build # of the latest ver 6?

Rich Hawley - 2010-08-26 1:18 PM
I stripped out all the SpreadCE, Skype, Softmaker, etc...they were all pirated copies.

I'm surprise about SpreadCE being not legit in an image, because I have it on my Netbook Pro, which I bought used:
these were originally imaged for sale in the vertical market; corporation, police departments, etc.
so I think that OEM's probably made deals with the SpreadCE owners to include it in their ROM images.

Skype not being legit is surprising, as I don't recall ever seeing a version that was shareware or pay, it has always been a free download on the Skype site. So except for the versions of Skype that are part of a cell phone service, (the new trend on smartphones,, unfortunately), AFAIK any other versions of Skype are free and can be copied.
I remember asking about Skype on netbooks on this thread, prior.
Please if you can remember, describe the version you had? filename(s), length?
I would really like to find out what it is like.
(And I'm hoping if anyone else has one of these netbooks, they will reply too)
Netbooks are usually imaged with Skype among the apps, I would like to get a copy of the files and see if I could get it to run on the Psion Netbook Pro.
(Following that Psion project would be in another forum, but getting the WindowsCE 6 version of Skype belongs on the CE6 forum)
Hoping someone will help me here with the starting point.

Edited by Jacobi 2010-08-27 3:27 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 3:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sorry, I just can't remember the files. As far as SpreadCE, they make 2 versions, a free one and then a registered one with support. None the the Chinese manufacturers obtained permission to redistribute any of the files. I contacted, or tried to contact, all of the software vendors, and the universal answer was, "No, we did not give permission, they are doing it illegally."

I also contacted Microsoft asking if the various CE builds were obtained...but no answer from them.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-29 7:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Update on battery life. Wo wo! Installed new battery. 7.4V, 2100mAh. Got a Newsun PL3845130 lithium polymer and charged it up. Works great, now get over 4 hours continuous life on the thing.

Well, I put on an MP3 player, put in an SD card with 200mb of MP3 files and turned it on, set volume to max, and after 4 hours it was still running. Good enough for me! The original 1800mAh battery now becomes the backup.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-31 8:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Always liked Resco Pocket Radio on my 900C, why not this big screen netbook. Only takes a little text editing to add a few more buttons...well I have 36 buttons now, and could easily double that, but why bother...I only listen to a few of the stations anyways....still it is fun. And the software works wonderfully.

(rescoeradio.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rescoeradio.jpg (34KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
petrutms Page Icon Posted 2010-09-02 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@rich, can you upload the resco radio program somewhere? thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-09-02 5:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The trial of Resco Radio is a free download I believe found here: http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/radio/downloads.asp

The one they have works fine, it just doesn't fill the whole screen. I edited a cople of the files to make it fill my screen which is 1024 pixels wide. Just install the file and then take a look at the file titled "default.rs" which is found in the skins folder. For my netbook they are in the default_land folder which contains the landscape graphic files. You will have to edit the main.png file with any graphic editor to enable it to fit your screen size. But it is all really pretty simple stuff. The default.rs file displays the pixel point locations where it grabs the graphics from and the coordinates as to where they are displayed.

For anyone with a 1024 pixel wide screen, those two edited files are attached to this message.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rescoradiofiles.zip (40KB - 5 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 10:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Some things just look better with a larger screen. 1024 x 600, well here are a few screenshots of some applications that I have permanently flashed onto my netbook...some things I consider essential.

1. Textmaker/Planmaker 2010 (not the pirated version either...note the nice HPC type menus along the top)
2. KSE Backgammom, again makes full use of the screen size
3. As does Palmchess
4. Tascal Search is a great tool for finding things you though you lost
5. And my favorite calculator...Calc98, customized to fill the whole screen and make it easy to see and use.

By the way, I take my screenshots using CaptCE and Julio's M3Cro...Win+A=screenshot!

(textmaker2010.jpg)

(ksebackgammon.jpg)

(palmchess.jpg)

(tascalsearch.jpg)

(calc98.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments textmaker2010.jpg (66KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments ksebackgammon.jpg (95KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments palmchess.jpg (69KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments tascalsearch.jpg (98KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments calc98.jpg (74KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 1:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is the calc98 a free program?
If so can you post a link or a file?
Is it possible to enlarge the digit on the keypad, and reduce them on the answer bar?

I just read today the sad RIP statement in your signature and the dates; you are still writing on the T706 as in the present tough, was that an additional unit you had bought?

Generally are netbooks sought after by thieves right now, does one have to be especially careful??
Do you care to comment on how it was stolen?
I believe that in Europe there is a smartphone theft epidemic

Edited by Jacobi 2011-01-07 2:01 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 3:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-01-10 5:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

thanks I got it for my XP laptop, it's a real nice program. much better than the Win calc.

Now I would like to use it also, on my Psion netbook pro...

I thought that starting with CE.NET programs were kind of interpreted by the OS and were CPU independent, as I have seen so many programs for download that were version-specific to CE, but did not mention the CPU...
But the site has them ordered by CPU... which one should I choose?

I realize this may be moved to another thread, if so please put a tracer on this thread so I can locate the answer.
Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-10 12:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Arm/XScale is always the best bet...
 Top of the page
sandy
sandy Page Icon Posted 2011-01-11 5:50 PM
#
I bought the same one from e-bay and its still in the box. I cant get it going. Clueless? any help would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-11 7:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Can't get it going? You mean you cannot turn it on? Or what?
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-01-13 6:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-03 5:09 PM

Some things just look better with a larger screen.

By the way, I take my screenshots using CaptCE and Julio's M3Cro...Win+A=screenshot!

Thanks for the tip
Are these free programs?

btw is there any current or 'near' version of WinCE in wich the user can resize windows to have more than one open on the screen?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30