x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-13 6:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Those are free programs. (DeveloperOne's ScreenSnap is also free, and has a hotkey setting feature.)

As for the second question, could this be what you want?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14778
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-30 8:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Since I don't have a touchscreen, I prefer using a mouse with my netbook. But I hated having one of those mouse dongles stick out 35 feet from the port...ok...so I'm exhagerating...

But I purchased one of those new Logitech mice the other day, the one with the nano USB connector...and it works fantastic. It is so small, it is actually recessed under the edge of my Wabook.

(nanomouse.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nanomouse.jpg (256KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2011-02-28 6:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I missed/missing alot of new toys.

Rich cleaning house of extra old stuff and buying new.

S/F
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-03-06 3:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2011-01-13 1:44 AM

As for the second question, could this be what you want?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14778

yes, thanks!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-06 6:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-30 3:14 PM

Since I don't have a touchscreen, I prefer using a mouse with my netbook. But I hated having one of those mouse dongles stick out 35 feet from the port...ok...so I'm exhaggerating...

I'm with you on that. For those of you who have a USB bluetooth dongle that sticks 35 feet from the port, I recommend you check out DealExtreme's micro Bluetooth USB adapter. Click here to check it out. It's super cheap at $1.30 with free shipping worldwide.

Thought I'd share since I've seen the same basic version sell locally for $40.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-06 10:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Will that one work with a CE device?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 1:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, it looks like I've become the latest victim. I accidentally reflashed my Wabook by leaving an SD card in it that I had forgotten had the "script" folder in root. (bends over to receive kicks) Now I'm getting the "system disk no existed" message as well, and none of the reflash packages for the 10" WM8505 have cured this so far - I always get the same error. I even subsequently tried flashing Android on it first (albeit 7" versions since no 10" version is available) because some folks on nextvolume's site have said this has worked for them, suggesting that it fully clears NAND, including the boot sector. But I still get the same error. It's usable using the "safe" image, but that version dumps everything when shut down, and I'd really like the English UI back.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 5:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A few things I'm gathering from poking around the reflash packages and various pages on the Web:

1) The Sylvania reflash package includes the additional step "0. Erasing nand flash . . . Erase nand flash successful!" One other unidentified CE 6 reflash package for the 7" WM8505 netbook also includes this instruction. (It's written into the scriptcmd file in both cases.) Both of these packages create the "System Disk" and "Flash Disk" folders, and both successfully flash the normal mode image. (Of course it displays wonkily because it's the wrong resolution.) No other 7" reflash package, and none of the 10" ones, have this additional instruction in scriptcmd, and all of those others result in the "System Disk no existed" error.

2) Creating a "System Disk" folder manually in the safe mode and then running the autorun.exe file eliminates the "System Disk no existed" error, but then you get an error message "Copy to System Disk failed." Copying the entire System Disk folder (including its contents) from the SD card to the root of the device does not work because the storage memory is locked at a set level and there is not nearly enough space.

3) In all cases, when the safe mode boots, it asks for a driver for "Unidentified USB Device," even though nothing is in any of the USB ports. (I noticed on a few Web pages that people commented that some of these devices boot from an "internal USB disk," whatever that means, but there is no internal USB port in the Wabook. However, I also notice that my 7" WM8505 netbook has a folder in root called "USB Disk" with nothing inside. Any actual USB drives plugged into that device are identified as "USB Disk2," "USB Disk3," etc.)

4) All the 10" safe modes only take up about 580 pixels of height of the display, with a dark strip below the taskbar about the same height in pixels as the taskbar. When any part of the top 20 pixels of the display change, that change shows up inside that bottom strip as well - a big distraction that spoils the look of the display.

5) Exchanging the names of the two .nb0 files in the reflash package (normal_nk.nb0 and safe_nk.nb0), which some have reported to solve the problem, doesn't work because the device hangs after step 3 ("Upgrade safe mode successful!" ).

I suspect that the scriptcmd files are written incorrectly, but I don't know how to edit them to make them correct. Anyone else have any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 11:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How about including the Sylvania's scriptcmd file in with the standard Wabook flash so you can first create the necessary folders and then continue the rom flash using the normal 10.2" stuff?

Or take a chance and start the Sylvania flash, give it a second to write the folders, then pull the SD card....then insert the good Wabook flash SD, hold down the power button until the hardware resets and then it will attempt to reflash using the correct stuff....just an idea...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 8:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Problem is, I don't know whether the folders have been created until I get to the safe mode desktop. I don't think I've been able to stop the device from initiating the normal mode reflash by either clicking "Cancel" or by pulling the SD card (I think it copies the .nb0 files into NAND and runs them from there). But I really think the issue is a problem in the scriptcmd file - I think there are missing and/or incorrect instructions there. But I don't know what edits to make, nor in which program. Just opening the file in Notepad (without adding any file extension) and making changes doesn't work - no matter what changes are made, the device then just ignores the card and boots up to whatever version is already on it. If someone could figure out how to write the scriptcmd file correctly, we might have a solution to the problem.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey CE Geek, did you try this? http://devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/viewtopic.php?id=6&t_id=3&page=1
That is about all the help I can provide...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 10:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yoldering, that's the one I deleted the pirated stuff from and uploaded to HPCFactor....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Has he tried it yet? Keep in mind that I have never even touched one of these.
Edit: Well, I just tried the links and they don't work anymore...

Edited by Yoldering 2011-06-13 11:17 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 11:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are several download links in that forum, and I tried all the ones I could find - and, yes, I tried the one hosted here in H/PC:Update, and it didn't work either. (Hasn't the one hosted here worked on your Wabook, Rich? If so, I wonder if mine is a different version, even though it came in a Wabook Sky box.)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich sold his a while back CE Geek.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.327 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11