x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I know it is not Windows CE

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-07 1:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-10-07 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
It's like a Bat Watch.

Jake
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-10-07 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It's cool! Much more than a watch.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-10-07 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich,
Didn't you but one of those MP4 video wrist watches? Or was that CE Geek? Speaking of cool watches, check out these watch phones and more... http://www.lightinthebox.com/wholesale-Watch-Cell-Phone_c1298
I remember when I was a kid I always wanted a watch like these!... The future is here but where are the flying cars???

Edited by Yoldering 2010-10-07 9:23 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-07 10:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yep, I got one of those MP4 wristwatches too...I just have a fetish I guess with watches....

I have a Casio Databank calculator watch, a Casio PC-Unite which I wear most of the time, a Paparazzi Swatch MSN Direct which is cool too, but I keep forgetting to plug it in to charge it, an MP4 watch which is cool for music and ebooks and pictures, and a watch that takes mp3 pictures, a watch with an infrared universal remote contol (I love that one at resturants when I can change the channel and they can't figure it out), and a watch that records 30 seconds of audio for a quick memo (and old one)....and now this Fossil.

I also have a nice Rolex Men's Oyster that cost more than all of them put together 10 times over that I could care less about except it was a retirement gift.

I'm not into jewelry, just gadgets. I saw the cellphone watches and am just waiting for them to get a little smaller...as far as the flying cars, didn't you see my other post? I'm building one!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-10-08 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I don't know Rich, this one looks like a nice size watch... http://www.lightinthebox.com/MQ988-Quad-Band-Spy-Camera-1-5-Inch-To...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-08 4:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've had the Fossil Abacus watch for, like, three years, Rich.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-08 5:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Oh wow Yoldering, I've never seen that model...it is so cool....wow again. But I have Boost Mobile, CDMA, not GSM...crap. Stilll....

Hey CE Geek, I never said I was first in line to get toys, just that I get there sooner or later. The only time I was first was with my 900C...and being first cost me over $930. Wish I had been later now...
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-10-13 1:53 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

It's the ultimate watch.

After I got my palm m515 I was really exited. After a week of looking for software I couldn't understand why anyone would buy a palm when Pocket PCs are available. Then I saw the Fossil on eBay. That's why.

Most of the time, the size of a computer is proportional to its power. The exceptions for a while were the Timex Datalink and the Palm pilot. I think Fossil fixed that.

BTW, how big is the screen?
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-10-13 2:49 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Hey, Rich. Do a search for "Ir Watch". It's freeware designed specifically for the Fossil Abacus that can record and play back infrared signals. I can't give you a link because the freeware site I used to see it at (Freeware Palm) became infested with ads that would not let you navigate at all.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-13 8:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'll look for it after I get the watch...it still hasn't arrived yet, coming from Hong Kong. Bookworm, I too was never much impressed with Palm after having CE handhelds, but then again, there is a ton of software for Palm, and most all of it works well...so you can't really complain about it.

But I just like that ability to have more control over my software and hardware, and CE offers that over Palm IMHO.
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-10-14 3:36 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

>but then again, there is a ton of software for Palm, and most all of it works well...so you can't really complain about it.

I never thought there would be so much software for a watch. It's less powerful than a Pocket PC, but small enough that it's ok. I have only three complaints. First, not much storage. Where am I supposed to install all that software? RAM is for data. It should have *much* more than 4Mb of flash. Second, I like color screens. What do they think this is, 1979? Third, if the screen was 2.2" diagonal, it would have the same resolution in pixels per square inch, as my phone, Pocket PC, the Handheld PC I want, my netbook, subnotebook, notebook, and the external display I want for my notebook. Believe it or not, my "resolution consistency" was not planned!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-14 6:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A color LCD watch would draw far more power, BookWorm. The Abacus had poor battery life as it was. I don't mind the monochrome screen myself - no issues with visibility in sunlight.

I used to think there was a lot more software for Palm OS than for Windows CE. Now I know better. And I had lots of programs fail in Palm OS - and because it's a closed OS, it's virtually impossible to diagnose and solve the problem. And you can't close the process like in Windows CE, so you're left with no alternative to a soft reset - and even that isn't always available as some lockups don't even respond to poking the reset hole.
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-10-15 1:24 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

> I don't mind the monochrome screen myself - no issues with visibility in sunlight.

Good point. My Casio needs some shades or something.

Has anyone tried palm map software on a monochrome screen? That and the photo album are the only palm programs I can think of that would suffer from lack of color. Is it possible to sync Pocket Streets & Trips with a palm equivalent?

BTW, does anyone know the Fossil screen size yet?

Edited by BookWorm 2010-10-15 1:26 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-15 1:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's already been mentioned: 2.2" diagonal.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9