x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lunatic idea or neat concept?

1 2
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 1:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Zapper - 2005-07-09 9:47 PM

Thanks MC.

Does it also work with the 680 series? Has anybody tried it on a mobilepro 780? And most importantly, is there an SDK for it? I'd like to be able to control it programatically.

You're welcome. it's always a pleasure to help. And yes it works with a J680, provided that you can find the drivers. I've had one in the past and it worked ok. But i don't think it's got an SDK. there are some apps that can access the camera besides the HP camera program, but i'm not completely aware of their pros and cons. I don't think it's got drivers for MIPS, but wait and let me see what can i find about it. i remember back on that time, that i got the drivers from a brazilian page, i just don't remember the URL

Edited by matrixcore 2005-07-11 1:04 AM
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 5:13 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wally - 2005-07-11 6:25 AM

So, can anyone provide a manufacturer name or model for a USB multi card reader that doesn't need drivers

can you use an USB to PCMCIA converter with a 6-in-1 pcmcia cardreader? Toshiba CMS makes this converter
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 12:21 PM
#
Theo, am I reading you right?

Toshiba makes a pcmcia sleeve that connects to USB? Then I could put any pcmcia device into that sleeve. Multi Card reader, wifi, cf-pcmcia adapter with GPS and so on. But then maybe it only works with the matching Toshiba reader?

Do you have a link for it? I suspect it needs drivers but if not, whohoo! I'll modify my plans to Alpha 3 and incorporate it.

Wow, if it works think of it. 40gb hdd, powered hub, extra pcmcia slot with card reader and perhaps universal pcmcia adaptibility, and I'll still have spare USB ports.

This project is coming at the right time for me. I'm getting into moving map stuff and it will be nice to have all my maps online.

I also realized this "portable expansion pack" will work fine with my E200 Casio as it supports USB hosting.
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-07-12 10:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't exact know where to buy this converter, or a price, you should search fot it with google. ("USB to PCMCIA converter" Toshiba CMS).

Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-12 9:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-07-13 12:27 AM
#
TY anyway, the Lexar needs drivers so no go for my 6651. IMO I won't find a USBP-PCMCIA adapter that works w/o drivers, so I'll stick with plan B? and find the best USB card reader that works driverless.

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

This project is still on a burner. Since it appears I'll be down to a single 6651 I'll want all I can get from it. But first things first. Get the SL4 / MP. Configure the MP ( should be easy and quick ) and hand it off to the g/f.

Build the SL4 , test and eval the OS options. I'm leaning to .net, god help me.

Then this. A super 6651, suitable for long flights and containing every file I'd ever need.
I'm attempting to find replacement memory chips to take the ram from 32mb to 128mb.

Seems easy right? A 4 fold increase in ram should be the next step in chip density from what it already uses. Later though, later. Too many other things first.
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 7:10 PM
#
You're a man with many (and elaborate) plans
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-23 12:39 AM

I'm attempting to find replacement memory chips to take the ram from 32mb to 128mb.

Seems easy right? A 4 fold increase in ram should be the next step in chip density from what it already uses. Later though, later. Too many other things first.

gee, 128 MB?
hm, does the CPU etc support it? probably yes but who knows.
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Update please! How is ur project doing? Details! Pictures! Schematics! That's what us folks like!

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13