x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera Mini and WinCE 4.1

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-04-15 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ntware, did you try substituting Hou Ming's cellcore.dll for RedGear's?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-16 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm using only RedGear. Others cellcore's doesn't work (gives fatal error or still no browsing).... I'm focusing on the java version now. So what I need is try to make PhoneME to work on the Sig3. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-04-16 5:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Disable RedGear if possible when trying to use PhoneME. If that won't work, use Hou Ming's aygshell instead of RedGear's for this program. I did get PhoneME working on a different CE 4.1 device (SkeyePad), so there could be hope.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-24 8:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think I see why Opera Mini 5 wouldn't load a page on any of my devices - I was using the wrong version. I tried what appears to be a modified version of Opera Mini 5.1 from xda-developers.com, and it works perfectly on all my CE 4.2 .net and later devices (and is pretty fast too ):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781203
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-04-24 10:32 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2011-04-24 3:41 AM

I think I see why Opera Mini 5 wouldn't load a page on any of my devices - I was using the wrong version. I tried what appears to be a modified version of Opera Mini 5.1 from xda-developers.com, and it works perfectly on all my CE 4.2 .net and later devices (and is pretty fast too ):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781203

Thanks CE Geek, that Opera Mini 5.1 seems to work OK on my NEC MobilePro 900C with cmonex v2.0.
Some remarks for those interested:

1. During the installation the EULA "Accept" button is hidden unde the Taskbar, so the taskbar must be hidden first before the installation takes place.

2. As the command bar of Opera Mini 5.1 is placed at the bottom of the screen, it is almost completely hidden by the WinCE taskbar during the normal run; yet a 2 mm edge is still visible and the icons are accessible through that edge if one chooses not to autohide the WinCE taskbar.

3. Opera Mini 5.1 as it comes from that download, although is installing a 1.93MB folder in the Program Files, still needs the CF card with the cab file in place for launching.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-24 6:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not sure what you're talking about in 3), arlex - I actually extracted the CAB on my PC with MSCEInf, and even copied the files assigned to \Windows into the program's folder, and it's running fine from the Storage Card or NAND without any CAB file present.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-04-25 5:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

You guys just let me excited for nothing!... Sadly even this version of Opera Mini is NOT browsing on my Sig3. AAAHHH!!! I really really wanted that working. The same problem happened. I don't know what else to do. Will still try with the java version, but it is not as fast as the native one.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-04-25 8:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2011-04-24 1:11 PM

Not sure what you're talking about in 3), arlex - I actually extracted the CAB on my PC with MSCEInf, and even copied the files assigned to \Windows into the program's folder, and it's running fine from the Storage Card or NAND without any CAB file present.

Hm, strange. It appears that I created 2 different shortcuts that behave differently: one on the desktop, the other one in Srat / Programs....The first one did not open the program without the CF in place. Did not dig any further, just deleted and replaced with the correct one.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-04-26 4:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The following CAB is designed for Pocket PC 2003 and worked for me on an unmodified, original ROM MobilePro 900C:
http://m.opera.com/mini5wm.cab?act=dl&tag=mini5wm_unpacked
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 6:29 AM
#
H/PC Elite

ntware, I hope you are still watching this thread. I have a CE 4.1 device now, and after a long night of debugging, determined the problem. I think that if you download the following zip and put the files into \Windows on your device, it will work for you. Once I did this, it worked great on my device!

Skyfire SSL DLLs

P.S. If you change the version of OperaMini5-WM-armv4.exe to 4.1 and eliminate the reference to GetCharABCWidths, there is no need to use RedGear. The modified file is too big to attach, but I will try to see about getting it hosted somewhere.

Edited by isotherm 2011-10-14 6:33 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Interesting... Will try on the Nexio if I get around to it. Thx!
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-21 7:23 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Attached is the DLL I am now using. Note: This DLL also includes a patch that forces Google Docs to view word processing in mobile mode, rather than loading the full editor.

Here are complete instructions to get Opera Mini 5 working on CE 4.1:
1. Download and install Opera Mini 5.1 for WM2003 (CAB file)
2. Download these DLL files and copy them into \Windows. You may need to use a utility like Total Commander or the Command Prompt in order to "overwrite" the ROM versions.
3. Download the attached file, COOPERA.dll and put it into \Program Files\Opera Mini.
4. Using Executability Check, open \Program Files\Opera Mini\OperaMini5-WM-armv4.exe. Change the OS version to 4.10 (it is 4.20 by default); then change the DLL reference from COREDLL.dll to COOPERA.dll. Close Executability Check when both changes are done.
5. Enjoy Opera Mini!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments coopera.dll (90KB - 24 downloads)
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-06 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi Isotherm,

Unfortunately Opera Mini still doesn't work with my Sig3. I did exactly what you explained above, but when I tried to open Opera Mini it gave me a japanese error (probably the famous "can't find ...." dll error). So I opened Opera Mini executable with ExecutableCheck and it gave me this error message:

"COOPERA.dll" can't be loaded. "COOPERA.dll" or its linked file is invalid.

I then opened the COOPERA.dll with execheck and these are all the messages I receive:

\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1739
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1740
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1738
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1741
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 722
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 724
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1320
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1317
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1318
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1319
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1174
\Windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1175

The last try, I changed coredll.dll to redgear's _oredll.dll and here is the result:

\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1572
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1571
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1570
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1568
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1574
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1562
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1573
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1569
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1563
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1564
\Windows\_oredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1579

Note: I did all this with RedGear DISABLED. What can be wrong?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-06 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

isotherm, I almost got it working!!!! Instead of using COOPERA.dll with the opera mini executable, I tried the redgear's _oredll.dll. It then opened and loaded google.com!!!!!! But unfortunately it hangs just after that (actually it doesn't hang, but the digitizer stops working. I can use the keyboard and type things). That's really wierd!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-07 5:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I got the same result as ntware when I tried changing the call in coopera.dll from coredll.dll to coredl2.dll (the latter being a CE 4.2 version of coredll.dll from cmonex' site hexedited to work with CE 4.1).
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12