x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 1:37 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I wonder who was the mentally disturbed moron who forged this absurd neologism?
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 2:06 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Not again...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 10:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

*Raises hand*
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well to be honest, I think it's a rather good neologism. The software is exempt from it's previous license.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 11:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's also exempt from technical support and update commitments, guarenteed compatiblity and expressions of liability on behalf of the developer.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well then there you. It's not abandonware as the author still has interest in it, it's not freeware or shareware. It's *exemptionware*.
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 1:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

C:Amie - 2011-04-17 5:11 AM

*Raises hand*

So, some people here do have a sense of humor, which is a sign of intelligence. Even the mentally disturbed...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 2:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Neo...what? Is that a color?
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 5:03 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Rich Hawley - 2011-04-17 9:15 AM

Neo...what? Is that a color?

Sure it is. It's a tone of delirious association, found in squizofrenia but also present on the creative process. Hence the popular expression "of genious and fool, we all have our share". You could eventually call it the colour redshift.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 5:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So... someone worked out my crazy huh...

But on that note, outing the owner of the website gets you a Picard face palm

I take it you disapprove of the term?
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 8:10 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

You see Amie, being a fan of the original Star Trek series, the reason for that guy's face palm can only be from the disappointment with the mediocrity of the "TNG" script, of the actors(himself included), in fact of everything involved in that production line.
Good quality is something that lacks in u.s. intellectual, literary and artistic production these days. I guess the market's logic influences negatively the quality of things produced.
You can say there's an exemption of quality because other interests have priority.
So that and every expression embedded in mediocre, degraded u.s. "culture" is unfortunate, since there are many other good references which can be used for expressing one's thoughts.
Like Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier's "Self Portrait with Headache", so you could just say Meissonier's face palm.

Edited by Viriato 2011-04-17 8:10 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 9:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A neologism is essentially a newly-coined expression.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 9:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Viriato - 2011-04-17 8:10 PM

You see Amie, being a fan of the original Star Trek series, the reason for that guy's face palm can only be from the disappointment with the mediocrity of the "TNG" script, of the actors(himself included), in fact of everything involved in that production line.
Good quality is something that lacks in u.s. intellectual, literary and artistic production these days. I guess the market's logic influences negatively the quality of things produced.
You can say there's an exemption of quality because other interests have priority.
So that and every expression embedded in mediocre, degraded u.s. "culture" is unfortunate, since there are many other good references which can be used for expressing one's thoughts.
Like Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier's "Self Portrait with Headache", so you could just say Meissonier's face palm.
Perhaps... or I could allude to I think it was Jake who posted an ASCII version of that the other day and thus amuse myself.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-04-18 2:36 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
What did I do? ASCII? No, no, last week, I was just the wayward getting all that great help with the Vaio and W2K

And I have no problem with said term here. I think it's rather straight forward... Antidisestablishmentarianism, *that* I have problems with. When I was a kid, that was the longest non-scientific word in the English language. I'm sure that's not true anymore.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2011-04-18 2:37 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-10-09 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12