x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3G or EDGE CF Card

ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-06-23 10:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hello friends!

I have a 3G plan that I use with my Sig3. To use it, I have a Mobile 3G Router, where I can plug my USB Stick 3G Modem and it routes the 3G connection over wireless to my Sig3. But what I want to know is if there are 3G or EDGE cards that I can use with my Sigmarion. When I was using the jornada, I used an Ericsson GC85 PCMCIA card to connect. But the Sigmarion doesn't have PCMCIA slots.
Is there a converter that will allow me to use my PCMCIA card with the CF slot of the Sig3? Or are there any 3G or EDGE card for CF slots? Another option is to use my USB Modem with the USB host of the Sig3. But I don't know if there are drivers for it. Is it possible?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-24 7:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are CF-to-PCMCIA adapters - I have one. They're a bit cumbersome since they hang out from the CF slot, but the one I have works without any drivers. But I seem to recall seeing a CF SIM card adapter somewhere. Don't recall the specifics, though.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-06-24 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I found some japanese stuff, even for the sigmarion, but they say japanese networks are diferent from the normal-people networks. They are way more geek and hi-tech then we are...
 Top of the page
mvms Page Icon Posted 2011-06-29 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!
I 've got Jornada 720 and I like it very much. I use it for reading, listening of music and playing some games. But I would like to use for browsing the Internet. I have 3 (three!!!) different WiFi cards - Orinocco Silver, Cisco Aironet and Verifon, but I cann't to connect to Internet. May be the signal from access point is too low,may be something else. But you wrote, that you used an Ericsson GC85 PCMCIA card. Is it realy compatable with Jornada 720 and is it really possible to use the plan of mobile operator? If is it so, where can I buy such card?I live in Bulgaria. No problem to buy online.
I will be very happy, if I can browse Iternet on my Jornada - I really like this handheld PC.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-30 7:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You might want to check where you post that request, mvms. You're asking about PCMCIA WiFi cards for an H/PC 2000 device in a thread about Compact Flash 3G cards for Windows CE 4.x .net devices. There are literally dozens of threads already in the H/PC 2000 and Hardware Support sections that can help you - please use the Search link in the upper left portion of this page to find them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.139 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9