x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Visual Basic Code to Read USB Mobile Device

[Frozen]
Frozen
jash Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does anyone have VB6 code that will allow me to view and copy the contents of a folder located on a hand-held mobile device? I can use ActiveSync to establish a connection and browse the device with Windows Explorer, but I want to develop a MS Access application that will read the device directly. Something similar to the following, which comes from the VB Help files:

Set fs = Application.FileSearch
With fs
.LookIn = "C:\My Documents" <---------- This is where I could use some help..
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileName = "cmd*"
If .Execute() > 0 Then
MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & _
" file(s) found."
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
MsgBox .FoundFiles(i)
Next i
Else
MsgBox "There were no files found."
End If
End With

Thanks.

John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 6:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

jash,

Can you help us with some clarification here:
Are you programming in VB.net, Visual Basic (VB), VBA or VBS - crucial difference

Are you trying to do this over the active sync connection or via a network (LAN) connection?
 Top of the page
jash Page Icon Posted 2012-01-13 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry for not checking this thread earlier.

Answer 1) I am programming with the Visual Basic edition that comes packaged with 2003 MS Access. I work for a contrator doing work with a federal agency and the platform that has been provided is quite dated. We are running Office 2003 under Windows XP.

Answer 2) I am trying to develop a stand-alone Access 2003 application that can browse folders located on a hand-held mobile device that plugs to a USB port on the pc and connects through ActiveSync.

I believe I have read elsewhere that there may not be a solution in Access 2003. It would be great if that proves to be wrong.

Thanks for your interest.

John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-01-14 4:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hmm, I can do it from VBA, I don't have Office 2003 any m,ore, but I found a Virtual Machine with 2007 in it Word 2007 but the code isn't Office 2007 specific. The code is however significantly more complicated than your attempt above. You can't use ActiveX FSO to do it.

However, if you are working for a software contractor on a government contact, I assume that you're making a fair amount of money from this. Which does make me somewhat reluctant to do your work for you as I myself freelance. As I am sure you would if our roles were reversed.

If you're agreeable to making a donation to the site, I will send you the code.
 Top of the page
jash Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 1:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the offer, but we'll pass on the donation. If we are going to spend money we will probably invest in upgraded software.

Thanks again.

John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 2:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh well, your loss. If you change your mind, $25.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 28