x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Quackenchat on CE 2.0

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I recently got into IRC chat and I've discovered that there is a decent IRC client available for Handheld PC's from version 2.0 upwards. It works great on the J720 and is fast even under dialup (yes, I did finally get that working!).

Now I did get wireless working on the Ericsson MC16 which can't be said about the Sharp HC-4500 (must be a SH3 > MIPS situation here). Good thing too as I don't have a PC Card modem to use with it. Quackenchat installs absolutely fine on both these devices, but when I try to open the application I get this message:

'There is no application associated with "Quackenchat". Run the application first, then open the file from within the application.'

This comes up from launching the app from either the shortcut in the Programs menu, or from the raw app itself in the Program Files directory. What might be the issue? I fear it might be to do with the evb runtimes but if I did it would not work on the Jornada either (on the original thread of isotherm's improvement there was a specific driver for CE 2.0 and CE 2.11). I have tried IrcCE (for those interested you can download it on movsoftware.com using the Wayback Machine). I will startup but will not respond to any commands, so I cannot join a channel or type messages for example. It is also only a 15 connection trial so I cannot be using it as a long term solution.

Thanks for any suggestions. As I side note it looks like I need to change my sig...

Edited by Paspie 2012-02-16 7:34 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 8:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I seem to recall that you need the visual basic runtimes for QC to work which are for 2.10 and higher. No 2.0 support.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 8:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I see. Well that is a bit of a pain...

So any suggestions for IrcCE, minus the trial period problem? :/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-02-17 4:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's a tiny possibility of Splatter working after hexediting the OS version to 2.0, at least based on its developer's comments here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2207&pos...

Splatter is available here:

http://fluffy.4ss.net/?page_id=7
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8