x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compaq120CC++ Comunications

gener1 Page Icon Posted 2012-05-12 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! I tried to send a thread last night but I dont think it went through. I'm sorry if it comes out as a duplicate. I bought my H P C when it first came out to replace a Lotus based handheld. I used my H P C for contacts and my expense Account. I traveled 2 or 3 times a week in the States and a few tripr to Germany and England. The last 2 years before I retired I spent several trips to China for a month at a time. It was wonderful to keep mr enterys every day and just download and print when I got home. Now to the Nitty Gritty I retired 14 years ago and after several system upgrades ended up with X P. All thesse years I kept the H P C on the charger and kept the batteries fresh fot vacations. We had a power failure and I lost the comunications. In the process of trying to get back I deleted the software on my X P and reloaded the program using compatibility. I have 2 problems wich may be connected.. The first is I am unable to find Remote Access Service and the area in troubleshooting on the H P C where it asks for the connection it does not allow me to enter anything. I know it ends up with Com 1 or Com2 I only use the H P C with the direct access cable. That is where I am now. I am Thanking You in advance for any help you may give me. Gener1
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-05-12 7:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
gener1 Page Icon Posted 2012-05-13 7:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have tried everyyhing and the only thing that is a problem is that the Host is not populated in the Com area. I checked the system and com1 com2 and lpt are all enabled. When I select the Desktop H P C the remote H P C starts. Also i get the area that gives you the selection for Com 1 & Com 2 comes up. Any help? Gener1
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-05-13 8:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So you've followed steps 1 - 16 and have a problem at #17?
 Top of the page
gener1 Page Icon Posted 2012-05-14 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The problem starts with #16 The HPC Comunicationbox comes up as normal. Next to it comes up a box labeled communication properties. In that box there is a bar labled ports that is blank. When I select the little box with the down arrow I get a larg blank box. I would guess that the larg blank box should have selections in it ex. Com1 Com2 lpt Ect. I must be doing something wrong in the instalation of the host program installation. This all happens before I connect the cable. On the HPC Guest in communications connectionc it shows Serial Cable on com 1
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9