x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone still use nPOPuk?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-17 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just posted CAB files for WinCE3 also.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-08-11 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just posted "release candidate 1" of nPOPuk 3.03 for HPCs (WinCE 2, 2.11, 3, and 5). This version adds that nice little filter box that I've gotten to love so much in Thunderbird: type a few letters in it, and the list of messages is filtered to show only those that match the string you've typed.

Note: your screen has to be wide enough to fit this box to the right of all the toolbar buttons. I was able to see it on my Jornada 720. I don't know if the WinCE 2.0 devices have wide enough screens.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-08-12 10:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

HP devices should be OK, but some of the older NEC's with 480x240 screens will suffer.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-08-12 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't think they'll suffer, they just won't see the new feature. If the window isn't wide enough, it's hidden (I don't obscure the existing buttons).
 Top of the page
wkt Page Icon Posted 2013-08-13 1:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have the following "problem" with this fine most preferred by me program.

Depending on the mail I sometimes get the VIEW->text/html item shaded Grey/inactive.
Before 3.01 this was not always the case : now my HTML-mails appear in text form only (?).
Often there is a message "nPOPuk: HTML tags removed" also at the beginning of the mail.

I already changed in nPOPuk.ini the ViewFileSuffix="html" as in former times this seemed
to help that HTML-Messages were automatically opened by IE6 ( wonderful ! ).
Now that seems to have no effect any more.

I am confused. Any help how I could manage to open my HTML-mails in IE6 again by simply
clicking the text/html item ?
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-08-14 1:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It's grey, that an indication that the message was not fully downloaded. In the main window (mail list), you should see that the yellow envelope or white sheet icon is also grayed out. Mark the message for downloading, update the account, and then see what you get. I assume you have set the program to download only the first 100 or so lines, not the full message.

(There was one report that some mail servers are incorrectly reporting the message size in the POP3 communication.)
 Top of the page
wkt Page Icon Posted 2013-08-14 8:40 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Great ! This works now (again)

A great step/hint in my understanding the details of the prog

Thank you.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2013-08-15 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Any chance of SSL on the earlier CE 2.0 devices? It is nice to have the raw app working but it is useless if major providers such as Google and Yahoo won't work without it. I might be missing something though.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-08-15 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OpenSSL doesn't compile for me under CE 2.0. There are some portability issues -- I forget what they are exactly, but probably some system calls that aren't available. I don't know how much work it would be to work around them.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Note that I never did get the 1.* series of OpenSSL to compile under WinCE (2.11 through 5.0), so the HPC versions of nPOPuk use 0.9.8x, which was not affected by the Heartbleed bug. (If you use the Win32 version of nPOPuk, you should download 3.03p2.)
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 11:43 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I was finally able to setup nPOPuk yesterday for the third time in 5 years. I had to reset the PHP settings on Gmail since nPOPuk was only downloading the first 327 messages my Gmail account ever got.

I'm pretty sure almost every HPC user who wants to check out his email uses nPOPuk.

Also, thanks very much the filter box, it'll be extremely useful. I'll probably update today.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 6:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Would nPOPuk scale to order of tens of thousands of emails if CF is used?

Will try it out.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 6:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Heart bleed but is serious thing.....
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 6:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

nathanpc - 2014-04-10 8:43 PM

I was finally able to setup nPOPuk yesterday for the third time in 5 years. I had to reset the PHP settings on Gmail since nPOPuk was only downloading the first 327 messages my Gmail account ever got.

I'm pretty sure almost every HPC user who wants to check out his email uses nPOPuk.

Also, thanks very much the filter box, it'll be extremely useful. I'll probably update today.

Nice... Filter function...
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2014-04-11 1:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Some people with large Gmail inboxes use username+recent or something like that to get only recent messages.

Also, there's an "Empty mailbox on server" option on the Initialise dialog that will DELE without RETR or TOP, which is a quick way to clear out the POP queue; on GMail, these will still be available via the web interface (and perhaps IMAP, I don't use IMAP, so I can't promise).
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9