x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone still use nPOPuk?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2016-10-04 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Unfortunately, I just remembered that I never did get my Jornadas on wireless. I had always used the 820 with dial-up, and the 720 only for testing the user interface.

3.03 is using a different version of OpenSSL built in; I think there's a help/about ssl menu item (there is on win32, I forget where it is on wince).
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2016-10-05 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I guess I could find the version of OpenSSL that was in 3.03 and use that, even though it's out of date.

It may be that certificates on the Jornada are old, and they work OK with old OpenSSL, but not with the new stuff.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-10-05 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I'm just going to hold my breath and go with 3.03. I don't use gmail that much, so it's more of a proof of concept thing.

If you had time to compile 3.04 for WinCE 5-6, I could test those SSLs in my Tinybook to see if it's an across-the-board issue with WinCE. I also have 2.0 device, but I don't think nPOPuk version (with SSL) was ever released for 2.0 (I do use the non-ssl nPOPuk version in my 2.0 device).

Jake
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2016-12-02 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OK, so I finally decided to boot up that other laptop where I have eVC4 and the WinCE5 SDK, and I compiled those versions and posted them.

I thought I would also try them out, since I actually have a WinCE5 machine (Sylvania netbook from a few years ago, when they were like $50). But the battery was dead, and now it's stuck on the "Loading OS Image" screen and has been for a few minutes. So, I'll have to see if I can coax it back to life.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-12-02 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Bravo and many thanks. I am traveling this week and away from my TinyBook. But I'll download and test as soon as I'm home.

Good luck with the mouth-to-machine resuscitation.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2016-12-02 8:48 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-12-02 9:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

gjcoram - 2016-12-02 5:45 AM
I thought I would also try them out, since I actually have a WinCE5 machine (Sylvania netbook from a few years ago, when they were like $50).

I assume you mean a CE 6 machine, rather than a CE 5 machine. Sylvania never came out with a CE 5 netbook. (You may have to reflash it with one of the ROM images for that device to get it working again.)
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2016-12-04 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hmm ... I mean a machine on which I run the version of nPOPuk that I compile with the CE5 SDK. Presently, it's not booting, so I can't check what version it thinks it is running.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2016-12-06 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Success with 3.04rc and the TinyBook WinCE 6. Copied over the mailboxes and *.ini from my 3.03 directory and everything went smoothly.

So for the record so far, nPOPuk's latest ssl's work for gmail in Windows 10 (Sony Vaio VGN-P588E), WinCE 6 (TinyBook), but not HPC2000 (Jornada 720).

Thank you again for all your efforts,
Jake
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2017-01-05 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I wish I knew an easy way to debug the SSL negotiations - what is it that goes wrong? Bad/expired certificate?

BTW: CE Geek was correct; I found the box for my Sylvania machine, and it does say CE 6.

Edited by gjcoram 2017-01-05 1:14 AM
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2017-10-26 3:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've just posted an new release candidate of nPOPuk for Win32 and Windows CE 2.11:
http://npopuk.org.uk/3.03/forum.html#nabble-td4023372

This should run on WinCE3 as well. I have to figure out which computer I compile for WinCE5 and CE5/6. It's been over a year since I did anything with nPOPuk! I found a minor glitch in the list box on the filter tab, which I decided to fix. And then I figured I'd download the latest OpenSSL (1.0.2l - ok, not the very latest, but the latest in that "long-term support" stream). I had to fix a few compiler warnings, but I think I've got it.

Jake, I'd be interested to know if this works any better than rc1.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-10-27 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Glad to see this still going forward, but I'm a bit confused. The links still appear to be rc1, Dec 2016. Am I looking at the right place for proper downloads?

Jake
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2017-10-29 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry - copied the URL in the address bar instead of clicking the "permalink" button to get
http://npopuk-forum.986084.n3.nabble.com/Release-Candidate-2-for-nP...
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2017-11-01 10:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,
The link in the previous post does not show an updated version for WinCE3 (HPC2000) with SSL.
Will one of the other versions work?

I have the previous update (npopuk304rc1ssl_wce30arm.zip).
Is the RC2 version needed?

Thank you.
 Top of the page
nicmalone Page Icon Posted 2017-11-02 8:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Great to see a mail client still being updated! I’m still using nPOPuk on my J720, and it still works with GMX mail servers. I haven’t tried the rc2 version yet - waiting to see if anyone has luck getting Gmail or iCloud email working with it. Neither work for me on rc1 but I assumed it was a 2-factor authentication issue.

Is the ssl update worth the update to rc2?

Is it ok to install a WinCE2.11 version over a WinCE3.0 version - will I lose the mailboxes or settings?

Nic
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2017-11-02 11:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The WinCE 2.11 version should work fine on WinCE 3.0; it's always a good idea to back up your stuff, but there's no reason you should lose any of it with the new version. (You should be sure to exit the current version before replacing the binary, but that's true even if you were trying a new CE3 version.)

I was about to compile all the official releases, and then I noticed the announcement from OpenSSL that 1.0.2m will be released today. So, I guess I'll work that in over the next few days.

rc2 fixes one very small issue with filters; if you don't use filters, then it probably doesn't matter to you. It also uses a newer OpenSSL (1.0.2l) than rc1. I am somewhat interested to know if the updated OpenSSL works everywhere - I think it's the OpenSSL 1.1.x stream that removes SSLv2 (which has known deficiencies), and those of us using old CE devices may also use old SSL, or have old certificates, or something. Jake reported an issue (last December) with rc1, and I'm hoping this version works for him.

I have been able to get GMail to work by going to the web interface and allowing "insecure apps" to access -- basically, telling them I'm OK with POP3 over SSL, I don't want to require OAuth2. There is a library for supporting OAuth2; my suspicion is that the library is bigger than nPOPuk, and I'm not sure how much work it would be to get it working.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.257 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11