x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE 6.0 'Palm-size PC'

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4
Frozen
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-06-07 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got the Pocket Notepad on here but the keyboard won't pop up. It looked perfect too! There are a few apps I can't get the keyboard to work on
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-06-07 4:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

brainxtractor - 2013-06-07 3:12 AM

I got the Pocket Notepad on here but the keyboard won't pop up. It looked perfect too! There are a few apps I can't get the keyboard to work on

I found an On-Screen keyboard app that works with the notepad! I downloaded MioPocket 4.0 for Win CE GPS devices. I browsed through the zip file and am trying new games and apps on this now. A LOT are working. I am very happy. Here is a link for whoever wants!

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136798&whichp...

Edited by brainxtractor 2013-06-07 4:19 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-06-07 8:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Jot keyboard is always an alternative when the default keyboard won't work - but I seem to recall a couple of the virtual keys on the Jot keyboard wouldn't work when I tried it on mine. But the default keyboard works fine on mine in Pocket Notepad.

That download package has been mentioned here before. I have it too, and you're right, a lot of apps work nicely on this device. None of the display rotation apps work on it, though - apparently this device doesn't support display rotation. Too bad, since the 320x240 display is a problem when you want to run portrait-mode apps.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-06-23 10:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I got another 430 Palm-size PC the other day - but not the old HP Jornada. It's DT Research's DT430, running Windows CE 6.0:

http://www.dtresearch.com/product/dt430SC/index.htm

Built-in WiFi, built-in Bluetooth (both of which are fully functional), along with a barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reader. It has a built-in USB host port as well - but no memory card slot and only about 100 MB of internal flash storage. .NET CF 3.5.11125 and the CE 6 ClearVue file viewer suite are pre-installed. It retains shortcuts in \Windows\StartUp, \Windows\Desktop, and \Windows\Programs after reboot (as well as databases and registry settings) but, weirdly, dumps any files installed in \Windows (such as DLLs or uninstall files). It's supposed to be synchronizable, but that requires a docking cradle that wasn't included with the one I got. The seller still has another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390610929856?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trks...

The seller accepted my offer of 60 USD.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-06-23 10:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Paint me jelly.

By the way: you can add another directory for DLLs except \windows and \, do you remember that?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-06-23 11:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Gee whiz CEGeek, why not just buy a HX4700 which gives you full VGA screen, rotation, built in wifi, bluetooth, SD and CF card capability, and runs every CE app you can think of....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-06-23 11:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm aware of that, Alt Bass - I just haven't gotten around to setting up that workaround. (Not even sure if I really need to anyway. )

Why would I want a Windows Mobile device when I can get the real CE, Rich?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-23 3:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

CEGeek, get out your checkbook...brand new one on eBay HERE
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-20 7:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've since procured a sync cradle for the DT430, and it syncs fine and retains the cePIMS databases after reboot.

What has me stumped, though, is the claims from its specs that it has 4 GB of storage. Where? The \ResidentFlash folder only holds about 100 MB as stated above.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-06 9:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Another nice thing about the DT430 is that it appears to have a true suspend state. There's a 'Sleep' button below the display (with a crescent moon for an icon) that turns off the display, touchscreen, and USB port, but leaves WiFi running by default. However, if you go into the Control Panel and open the Power applet, you'll see that when you open a power profile dialog box, it has a checkbox that says "Suspend with WiFi alive." The box is checked by default, and pushing the above-referenced button in that default state leaves the power LED on. I unchecked this box, and then pushed the button, whereupon the power LED went off. I let the device sit overnight in this state, and when I pushed the button again to wake it back up, the power level had changed by only 1%. Not only that, but a timed game I was in the middle of when I put the device to sleep had paused the game's timer throughout the sleep state.

Now, if someone could've just put out a CE 6 netbook with this feature.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2014-04-30 4:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Did anyone learn the pinout for the digital audio out on the Lanhui PDP-1? Funny enough, I have a BT speaker which also has a line-in which uses a miniUSB port. Maybe I need to find a male miniUSB to male miniUSB cable and see what I blow up after connecting the two!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-30 12:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I don't remember which pins are which, but the ground isn't used in the audio out at all. The 4 USB contacts control L out, R out, L ground, R ground. You can connect the grounds together also. I cut the contacts to the audio in jack on the motherboard and removed the mini-usb jack for the headphones and jumped the contacts to the jack. Now I can use normal headphones with it.

The only problem is I have this big hole where the mini-usb jack use to be that I need to cover up somehow...it looks kinda ugly

(jack.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments jack.jpg (48KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-02-18 6:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Forgot to mention one other thing about the DT430: it also supports IrDA. The first one I got didn't have an IrDA adapter inside, but the other ones I've picked up since do, so they can be synched by IrDA without needing a cradle.

If they'd only made it a clamshell device with a built-in keyboard, it'd be a real H/PC.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 29