x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Keep Screen Readable

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 9:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is a nice little app that allows you to execute other apps that require screen rotation (on devices that support it) in order to view the entire window (when the app you want to run doesn't rotate the display natively or through GAPI). It creates a new link to the app that will automatically rotate the display before executing the app, and then automatically restore the default display orientation after closing the app. It's another invention by one of the geniuses over at xda-developers.com:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=846504

As noted by the author, it requires .NET Compact Framework 2.0. For those who aren't members of xda-developers.com's forums, it can be downloaded here as well:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-keep-screen-readable.h...

(Note that this page erroneously states that this app requires .NET CF 3.5.)

I've tested it on CE 5 and 6 devices that support display rotation, and it works quite nicely.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 10:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How about older CE devices, does it work with HPC2000? Might be interesting to see how it handles pocketpc programs that normally wouldn't fit on an HPC screen in landscape mode, but would work in portait...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 11:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You might want to re-read my original post, Rich. It only works on devices that support display rotation (just like all those other little applets discussed elsewhere in these forums). That support didn't natively exist until CE 4.21. (Thus my placement of this thread in the CE 5 forum.) Not only that, but it requires .NET CF 2.0, which CE 3.0 doesn't support at the moment. (Thus far the developer who has proposed developing a port of .NET CF 2 to CE 2.xx/CE 3 hasn't gotten enough votes of support to make it worthwhile.) The only options for older devices remain through GAPI or Nyditot Virtual Display.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-04-29 1:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

ohhhhh....

Still I like the idea of how it returns the screen rotation to its previous state on exiting...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 25