x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Viliv X5: CE 5 on a MIPS processor

[Frozen]
1 2
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-08-11 5:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hardly - it's a richink.dll dependency. cmonex has the ARM version of the richink files on her site, but not the MIPS ones.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-08-31 5:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Correction on .NET CF 3.5: there is a MIPSII version that installs and works fine. Lots of .NET CF 3.5 apps working too.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 4:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've succeeded in connecting to my WiFi network using this USB WiFi adapter:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17084&po...

However, I've had limited success thus far connecting to Web sites. So far I've been able to access this site in WorldTalk, but it won't acknowledge my login entries. No other browser seems to work: I've tried the version of IE CE 4 for the ePods as well as a .NET CF 2.0-based browser called Webby, but neither seems to even attempt to connect to a page after I enter the URL and then hit Enter. And the built-in browser doesn't open any pages either, instead giving me an error message (in Korean of course). Still looking for other possible Web browsers that will work.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 6:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I remember there is some option like "Connect to LAN" in "internet settings".
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 9:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What happens with: http://173.194.34.132/ ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-09-23 9:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Found an excellent browser that I'm posting from now. It's from a Russian site (though the interface is in English). It's called HWBrowser, and appears to be based on Opera. The page is here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=e...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-10-05 10:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2013-05-04 1:49 AM

There's a separate UI with PIMs and other stuff, but once you get into that UI you can't exit it and return to the CE desktop without resetting.

Upon further review, I located the link back to the CE desktop, through the "Service" link in the main menu of the custom UI. (On the Cowon P5, it's under "Settings." )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-01-22 7:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I remain confused regarding why the Viliv won't support display rotation when the Cowon P5, which uses the same display driver, does. On both devices, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GDI/Drivers points to ddi_au1200lcd.dll for both Display and MainDisplay. On both devices, the DWORD values for Rotation are 0 in both HLKM/Drivers/Display/AU1200LCD and HKLM/Drivers/Display/AU1200LCD/Active. (Don't know if the 0 means rotation disabled, or current display angle 0 degrees.) The one difference: the Cowon has a Rotation subkey under HKLM/System/GDI (with a DWORD value for Angle of 0) while that subkey is missing on the Viliv. I tried adding this key on the Viliv and then resetting, but the display still won't rotate even though that added subkey was retained after reboot. It seems like I've covered hardware (identical processor), software (identical driver), and registry here; what's left to control display rotation?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-01-22 12:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How about setting the angle subkey at 1 and see what happens? Normally 0 means "no" and 1 means "yes" So maybe you have to set the dword for rotation to 1 on the machine to enable it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-01-23 4:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've tried entering 90 as a value for Angle, but it has no effect, even after restarting the device (again retaining the change in value after reboot). I've tried various values in the driver keys (1, then 90), again with no effect.
 Top of the page
1 2
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 28