x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J820 Running Debian-arm

[Frozen]
1 2 3
Frozen
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2016-11-20 12:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for reminding everyone about limitations....

Had the issue of losing personal settings when you reboot when using linux on a Jornada 7xx.....

There was hope for some time that someone would produce the ROM boards that allow one to keep the linux install intact upon reboot as well as allow to properly suspend, etc. But unfortunately, the guy never was able to get them produced.

So it goes....
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2016-11-20 1:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Wow, great progress! Thanks for sharing all this. It would be great to have an article about this in the support and tutorials section

About the losing personal setting issue.. With the J7xx, this was easily solved by simply doing a backup using the built in HP Backup tool before booting Linux and restoring afterwards. Is there a Backup Software that works the same way for the Jornada 820?

Edited by Karpour 2016-11-20 1:37 AM
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2016-11-20 6:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Karpour - 2016-11-20 1:35 AM

Wow, great progress! Thanks for sharing all this. It would be great to have an article about this in the support and tutorials section

About the losing personal setting issue.. With the J7xx, this was easily solved by simply doing a backup using the built in HP Backup tool before booting Linux and restoring afterwards. Is there a Backup Software that works the same way for the Jornada 820?
It does have a backup utility but I've never used it since I never used my device for anything other than fun. I may try to find the Click! USB utility that I d/l from this great site, install it again, do a full backup to the FAT 16 portion of my CF card and then try to do a system restore.
I installed mc (Midnight Commander) to my linux system yesterday. It makes navigating the file system much easier. I have not yet been able to get w3m to display images but will continue to work on it.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2016-11-20 8:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Unfortunately, not able to edit prior posts....

So, to clarify, I was referring to losing settings and other info in linux not WinCE......

I did not worry about WinCE.....

But understand now that Mjolnir was referring to WinCe....

Top of the page
1 2 3
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10