x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Aironet 350 Setup + WPA

clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I have a MobilePro 900 with cmonex v2 loaded, and am trying to get an Aironet 350 to work. The official Cisco installation instructions indicate that I'm supposed to use ActiveSync to set up the drivers on the device, but I do not have an XP PC at my disposal right now. I have tried directly installing the CAB files in the 2.72 driver package, and don't seem to be getting anywhere- there are a few in the package, and the ones that have allowed me to run them give me a warning about not being for my device, and then don't seem to allow me to launch the Cisco ACU utility.

Does anyone know how to set this Wifi card up? Additionally, once the Cisco drivers are working, it should support WPA, right? CE.NET 4.2 actually recognized the card and installed rudimentary drivers on its own, but these did not support WPA. Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 11:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Make sure your card has the latest firware flash on it. Make sure your router is using WPA-PSK, not TKIP. I've personally not tried the Cisco 350 with WPA...so i don't know if it will work or not. I do know that not all cards are equal and not all work with CE and WPA....even those that do support WPA with a normal laptop in use. Maybe someone here uses the 350 and can help...let's see what happens...
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich,

Going to try to flash the card now. I've dug out an old XP laptop and downgraded to SP2, it's like an antique hardware parade on my desk

Will update in a bit. Thanks
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No luck- reinstalled the driver on the MobilePro after flashing, and ACU still won't start. Going to try doing it through ActiveSync.
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm at a loss. I have hard-reset my device (back to the cmonex v2 clean install). For a bit more of a description of the problem- whether I run the installer through ActiveSync or through the Win2002Ce2002b.cab archive in Cisco's installer, the Access Control Utility won't work, which is what I need to actually set up the card. The ACU item in Control Panel will not launch, and when I try to run ACU through the Start menu, here's how it comes up- http://imgur.com/OyR2tF9

I have updated my firmware to 5.60.21, and tried both the 2.72 and 2.60 drivers.

So, I'm stumped Any other ideas?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

clonardo - 2013-11-01 4:39 PM

Try pressing CTRL+TAB or just TAB, this what helped me to unfold these small windows on Sigmarion 3.
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2013-11-01 11:22 AM

clonardo - 2013-11-01 4:39 PM

Try pressing CTRL+TAB or just TAB, this what helped me to unfold these small windows on Sigmarion 3.

I can see it paging through the windows in that little, tiny box when I do this, so at least the software is running- I just can't see what's actually in the tabs. I tried playing with the settings for WinWatch and GAPI to see if maybe they could stretch the window out, but I'm not really sure I know what I'm doing there.
 Top of the page
clonardo Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, I was able to tame it with WinWatch. Now to actually figure out to how to make WPA work..
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-11-01 11:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You might consider Aegis Client if your card doesn't support WPA directly...file attached

Also read this post for 900C configuration!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AEGIS 2.1.13-0 CE 4.2.cab (1151KB - 26 downloads)
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2013-11-04 7:26 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi, I have installed Aironet 350 on my HPJornada 720, and everything is working fine. I am using WPA2 at home, and not going to reconfigure it to WPA or WEP, am currently using an open wifi tethering from my xperia phone.
nPopuk and ftxbrowser used for email and internet respectively.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12