x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DotFred's TaskMgr analog for windows in WIndows :D

Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 7:17 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

DotFred's TaskMgr has VERY useful tab for controlling the windows and their elements and doing strange things to them: http://www.dotfred.net/TM/images/winmgr.gif

What is the desktop PC analog for that? I imagine it could be a part of some debugger.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 10:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Spy++ comes with visual studio, WinSpy++ is a non-MS equivalent. There are lots of others.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 6:36 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks a wagon!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Now another question: is there a way to launch any of those programs in the same mode in which on-screen keyboard window runs? I.e. it accepts mousemoves and cliks and everything else but is permanently inactive.

Edited by Alt Bass 2013-12-21 7:12 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 7:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

>_> <_< trying to do a little hacking are we?

The program would have to have a setting option for WS_EX_NOACTIVATE or alternatively you'd have to use a second spy module with write support to change the WS_EX_NOACTIVATE state in the first and macro script that.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

WinSpy allows to do that to it's own window.

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 11:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It implements WS_EX_NOACTIVATE

What are you up to Mr?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 11:45 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Trying to see if the permanently grayed out element of Adobe Camera RAW is really non-functioning or just grayed out. The trick is that the windows in ACR change their styles upon deactivation.

Edited by Alt Bass 2013-12-22 11:46 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

New prob: what should I do to enable the grayed out dropdown items? I guess I will have a plenty of Win32API documentation reading soon.

It also look like the IMG, LINK, CODE and other buttons are not working in Firefox 25 at least for me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 12:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Google image seems to suggest that the feature does work. Are you actually using an RGB colour space?

To enable the items you'd have to change the activation state on the combobox and the enabled state on all of its elements. If you do that, you will be enabling it out of context, so expect the program to simply crash as it won't have any of the required parameter data ready to pass down to the handler function.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2013-12-22 3:58 PM

Google image seems to suggest that the feature does work. Are you actually using an RGB colour space?

Yes for sure. When Googling I saw many messages about people not being able to adjust per-channel curves with the same problem, that's why I am going into hackery. This is the problem specific to ACR 6.7 (and probably other 6.x versions), the ACR7 aand later versions already have this functions.

To enable the items you'd have to change the activation state on the combobox and the enabled state on all of its elements.

I've done the former (and that's why I can open the dwopdown list at all) but have problems with the latter. Items are not windows so I will need something even more advanced than Spy++. Cannot think of a tool that will help except debugger.

If you do that, you will be enabling it out of context, so expect the program to simply crash as it won't have any of the required parameter data ready to pass down to the handler function.

What kind of data does it need? Give me just a glance.

I expect the hack I am going todo to work because the later versions have this feature implemented.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The MSDN library is just unbearable now, totally unfunctional.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 2:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MSDN was never usable. MS doesn't "do" documentation.

What kind of data does it need?

You would have to decompile it to find that out.

Try pulling spy++ out of a Visual Studio service pack, see if it is any better for you.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 3:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I already found it in the interwebs. Yes it has something useful like message log.

But it still won't give me ability to modify items. I think that I will need to hex-edit the item array and rewrite it either in memory or in resource files.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-09-27 1:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Message of WM_HIBERNATE. OS sends this message to the non-active program, request them without destroying their inner state case try to release as much memory, such as the release of GDI objects, buffered data, and so on.

Is there analog for this in NT kernel?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 31