x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-01-21 7:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Has anyone tried this on a core CE device?

http://www.mytinytv.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

It appears to allow you to view any TV channels you receive at home on a mobile device, either while at home or on the road. The mobile device streams the TV program from a PC at home that is connected to the home digital TV reception and acts as the remote TV server. The PC also has to be connected to the digital TV set-top box by infrared in order for the PC to change channels like a remote control. It looks like Pocket PCs all the way back to Windows Mobile 2003 are supported, leading me to wonder if it could be done with a core CE device running CE 4.2 or later.

Thoughts?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-01-21 11:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Imagine your home computer downloading a video stream and then acting as a server, simultaneously uploading it to your handheld several states away. I wonder if the desktop software is reformatting the video to pocketpc size to reduce bandwidth.

Nice software, even free however, I don't see myself ever using it. I mean TVs are so cheap these days, I have one in every room of the house.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-01-21 12:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I used to do this with the WMV player / TCPMP, it worked ok, if flaky. I used a server though, not this specific client software.

Could be interesting to see if it works and SCL it. It would have other uses though, potentially. CCTV or baby monitoring for example.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2014-01-21 12:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
CCTV or baby monitoring, heh. Reminds me of an old horoscope from The Onion: "Your first enjoyable evening in years will be ruined when police tell the babysitter that the phone calls are coming from inside the house."

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-06 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Jake - 2014-01-21 9:36 PM

CCTV or baby monitoring, heh. Reminds me of an old horoscope from The Onion: "Your first enjoyable evening in years will be ruined when police tell the babysitter that the phone calls are coming from inside the house."

Jake

CCTV eh.

I think I would love this software to work on my Cassiopeia E-700WE/RD

Actually it works on x86 device, so I'll build a CEPC.

Edited by stingraze 2014-04-06 7:00 PM
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2014-09-21 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

How does it work? It is .NET based?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8