x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 vs Simpad SL4

1 2 3
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-09 9:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

stingraze - 2014-04-08 8:49 AM

what about 787?

What about 787 stingraze?
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-09 9:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hm, although the Active Sync 4.5 is recognizing partially the Simpad as CE device and is only half coupling it to the XP PC as Guest, there is this message on the PC: "Cannot verify the version of ActiveSinc on your device. A program such as a firewall may be blocking a port ActiveSync uses to connect to the device or you need to upgrade to a more recent version of ActiveSync on the PC." Of course I cannot "see" any folder / file inside the Simpad. The same result with the Windows firewall stopped. Any idea on what this message means?

Edited by arlex 2014-04-09 9:12 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 6:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Anybody, any hint please???!!!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 6:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

arlex - 2014-04-10 6:01 AM

stingraze - 2014-04-08 8:49 AM

what about 787?

What about 787 stingraze?

Boeing 787 has a back door, which is known in a chip.

Search it in google or mohawk search below.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 7:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

arlex - 2014-04-09 4:09 PM

Hm, although the Active Sync 4.5 is recognizing partially the Simpad as CE device and is only half coupling it to the XP PC as Guest, there is this message on the PC: "Cannot verify the version of ActiveSinc on your device. A program such as a firewall may be blocking a port ActiveSync uses to connect to the device or you need to upgrade to a more recent version of ActiveSync on the PC." Of course I cannot "see" any folder / file inside the Simpad. The same result with the Windows firewall stopped. Any idea on what this message means?

Any idea, please, on how to overcome this message and get the Simpad really connected to the pc?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 8:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

arlex - 2014-04-11 3:31 AM

Anybody, any hint please???!!!

what hint?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-10 8:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

arlex - 2014-04-10 6:09 AM

Disable Windows Defender port of Active Sync 4.5

http://forums.msexchange.org/Activesync_ports_needed_for_firewall/m_1800452353/tm.htm

Edited by stingraze 2014-04-10 8:51 PM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-14 8:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

stingraze - 2014-04-10 3:50 PM

arlex - 2014-04-10 6:09 AM

Disable Windows Defender port of Active Sync 4.5

http://forums.msexchange.org/Activesync_ports_needed_for_firewall/m_1800452353/tm.htm

Stingraze, thank you for your advice. Yet it is unclear to me what to do any further, according to my knowledge there is no Exchange server on my Win XP pc. Or is it?

Edited by arlex 2014-04-14 8:42 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-04-14 8:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suggest dropping ActiveSync 4.5 and going back to 3.8. 4.x only makes sense for Windows Mobile cohabitation. There are guides for changing down in the support section.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-04-15 5:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2014-04-14 3:53 PM

I suggest dropping ActiveSync 4.5 and going back to 3.8. 4.x only makes sense for Windows Mobile cohabitation. There are guides for changing down in the support section.

Thank you C:Amie for the suggestion. I can easily check with AS3.8 on another computer over the next days or so, I need only to have some free time for that. Actually it has crossed my mind to run with v3.8, I recall that for my Jornada I have solved some years ago a certain thing by proceeding so, although I don't recall exactly what now. For sure an advantage of the v3.8 is related to the proper conversion of the office files between the pc and my J728, something that v4.5 cannot handle right.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2014-05-14 8:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

arlex - 2014-04-15 12:12 AM

C:Amie - 2014-04-14 3:53 PM

Thank you C:Amie for the suggestion. I can easily check with AS3.8 on another computer over the next days or so, I need only to have some free time for that. Actually it has crossed my mind to run with v3.8, I recall that for my Jornada I have solved some years ago a certain thing by proceeding so, although I don't recall exactly what now. For sure an advantage of the v3.8 is related to the proper conversion of the office files between the pc and my J728, something that v4.5 cannot handle right.

Hi guys, I can confirm that, with Active Sync 3.8 on another Win XP computer, the SimPad is working all right, i.e I can create a partnership and I can explore the internal files from the PC. The funny story is that I have found now that the main computer running Active Sync 4.5 does not work properly with my Jornada 728 in term of not recognizing it any more, although it is working good with one WinMob 6.5 SmartPhone.

I can't remember when exactly I was using the AS 4.5 with the J728 on my Win XP PC with Service Pack 3, maybe one year ago, may be more, but I can nearly swear that everything was OK. So it must be something wrong that it happened to the OS of my Win XP machine in the meantime. I recall reading that AS 4.5 was guaranteed to work with Win XP Service Pack 2, but I don't know about Service Pack 3. But that was launched too many years ago from the point of view of my case.......
Do all these ring any bell to anybody?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-05-14 10:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Arlex...welcome to the world of weird things with Activesync.

I've experiences similar weird things on my desktop running XP and Activesync as well.

For instance...using AS 3.8 and my 790...everything is fine. Of course I can't sync with my CE5 and CE6 devices. So then I delete 3.8 and install 4.5. Now I can sync fine with my CE5/6 stuff, and my 790, but my CE.NET 4.2 device gets the same error you had ""Cannot verify the version of ActiveSinc on your device." I can't even get a guest connection.

So I uninstall 4.5 and go back to 3.8 and now my MP900 which used to sync no longer does. I finally have to hard reset it to get it to sync again and all is well. Meanwhile, my newer handhelds are stuck again.

To make matters worse, I finally get a good partnership made with my 900C and then suddenly it quits synching for some wholly unknown reason. I delete the partnership and it still doesn't work. It was like it would sync for about 1 second and then quit. Finally I hard reset it and all is well again...

ARRRGH! That yell made me feel better that day this was all happening. (months ago)

Anyways...you just have to do whatever it is that works for you. What I finally did was create a dual boot system on my desktop. My primary partition is XP with AS 3.8, and my secondary partition is Windows 7 with WMDC. Now I boot into whatever partition I need to work with my handhelds.

It all works for me. Anyways, I bet if you hard reset your 728 you will find it syncs fine with 4.5 if you don't have a partnership already established with it on your desktop.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-15 4:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2014-05-14 2:20 PM

For instance...using AS 3.8 and my 790...everything is fine. Of course I can't sync with my CE5 and CE6 devices.

Of course? All my synchronizable CE 5 and 6 devices sync with 3.8 just fine.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-05-15 12:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

How about your WM5 and WM6 devices?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-05-16 8:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Those are the exceptions. Dunno why CE 5.0 and 6.0 sync but CE 5.01 (WM 5) and 5.02 (WM 6) won't.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8