x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

W2K Patches & Updates Guide, installation instructions.

[Frozen]
1 2
Frozen
Keith VSG Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again
Thank you for the link and the definition. I have studied the material referenced by the link and learned a bit more computer science; any day I learn something new is a good day.
Regards
Keith VSG
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 6:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No worries, is it all ok now?
Keith VSG Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again,
I have worked my way through the O2K update process as defined in your earlier post. As far as I can tell, everything is operating correctly on my workstation; but I have a lingering doubt about the success of my implementation of the O2K update process.

When I selected and double clicked the installer file: < SP4_QFE_Install.cmd > to install all of the selected .exe (QFE ) files for Office update, the process seemed to run extremely fast. Bearing in mind my previous experience with my operator error in the W2K update process, (recursion), I would like to verify that the updates did indeed install; is there a reasonable way in which I can verify that?

Regards

Keith
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 9:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sp4_qfe doesn't patch office 2000, it is for windows 2000 sp4 only?
Keith VSG Page Icon Posted 2014-04-03 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again,
I'm sorry to keep firing questions at you, but here we go again.

I have looked at the lists of the unzipped, and the unzipped, selected, executable, files for O2K updates; but I have yet to see a file that looks as if it serves the same function as the W2K updates batch installer. Since you did not mention an equivalent batch install command file for O2K, I assume that the requirement is to enter each O2K update manually, is that the case?

Regards

Keith VSG
Keith VSG Page Icon Posted 2014-04-03 1:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I used some time to study the layout of files in the O2K update, tried a couple of experiments and realised that it is impractical to automate the update file installation, because of the MS Office team's paranoia about licensing. Fortunately I have dual CD drives in my workstation, thus I was able to load both source discs of Office Professional simultaneously. Then manual installation operated O.K. Only 40+"client" files to enter, not the full 88.

Regards
Keith VSG
Keith VSG Page Icon Posted 2014-04-03 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again,
It turns out that only 18 of the 44 O2K patch files were "client" type; thus the manual update was not too traumatic!
All redundant files cleaned up, all all hard discs defragmented, all registry errors fixed, all hard discs backed up; everything works; I'm a happy user!
Thank you very much for your patient assistance, it is appreciated greatly.

Regards

Keith VSG
1 2
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10