x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What do you usually use your HPC for?

1 2
Jornada720lover Page Icon Posted 2014-10-07 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

stingraze - 2014-04-21 9:50 PM

Jornada720lover - 2014-04-20 10:45 PM

I'm an opera critic (writing for the Wagner Society of Great Britain, if anyone's interested) and due to frequently tight deadlines I have to make as many notes as possible during intervals. When sitting in a theatre seat there isn't enough space to balance a tablet and keyboard on my lap, but my Jornada 720 fits perfectly. I use Word 2003, which is compatible both with the Jornada and with my Windows 7 laptop, and transfer my notes to my laptop via a CF card and reader. I've attracted quite a bit of comment in my time because nobody else has seen a Jornada!

Splendid! Word 2003 on Jornanda 720? How do you use it? Please do enlighten me.

I saved a Word 2000 document with the word TEMPLATE typed in it, onto the CF card of my Jornada. When I'm typing a review, I type it on the template and save it using "Save as..." to keep the template for the next time I need it. The Jornada saves it as a Word 2000 document. When I read the document on my Windows 7 laptop, Word 2003 recognises it. The Jornada won't accept a template from Word 2007, I don't know whether it would accept any non-Word documents (e.g. LibreOffice) as I've never tried. The only problem is that the font sizes on a Word document look smaller on a Jornada screen than they do with Pocket Word, but I find that viewing at 125% makes them look a reasonable size.

Unfortunately Windows 7 isn't compatible with Pocket Word, which is why I had to convert all the PW documents on my CF card to Word 2000 or 2003 when I started using the W7 laptop earlier this year.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2014-10-12 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

XP didn't support Pocket Word either, it was only with the ActiveSync software which unfortunately isn't compatible with Vista onwards.
 Top of the page
nicmalone Page Icon Posted 2015-03-17 10:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Struggling to remember now but does PocketWord let you save (or 'export' ) as Rich Text File, or a humble .txt? I've moved over to doing this on other OSs. TXT files are pretty universal.

The other option is to write notes as an email (assuming you have POP3/IMAP and ethernet or WiFi set up) and send it to yourself. That way you can access your note on any email enabled device.
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2015-03-20 11:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

nicmalone - 2015-03-17 2:58 PM

Struggling to remember now but does PocketWord let you save (or 'export' ) as Rich Text File, or a humble .txt? I've moved over to doing this on other OSs. TXT files are pretty universal.

The other option is to write notes as an email (assuming you have POP3/IMAP and ethernet or WiFi set up) and send it to yourself. That way you can access your note on any email enabled device.

In Windows CE 2.0, yes, both RTF and TXT files are both supported formats in Pocket Word.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 12