x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PersonalJava Tutorial!

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2014-05-03 11:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

As requested, I wrote a quick tutorial for getting started with developing applications using PersonalJava!

http://www.ohnitsch.net/2014/05/03/personaljava-tutorial/

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-09 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks! Will look into it when I have more time.
 Top of the page
AnnaSmed Page Icon Posted 2017-08-09 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm web developer, but I was thinking to learn something new and my question is that: Is it hard to learn Java? I know Java is very useful and it's good to know this programming language. I have tried to learn PHP but I found it hard to learn. I understand everything, but was hard to put the code together.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-08-09 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Java and PHP are very different.

It depends on your skill level, but I find Java to not be that hard compared to other programming languages like LISP or Scheme.
There are lots of edX and other MOOC courses you would want to enroll in, which can give you both solid understanding and a certificate at the same time.
I found out that credentials from edX and Datacamp are seemingly pretty appealing to recruiters.

Good luck, and use a lot of stackoverflow (site) for questions and answers!

Edited by stingraze 2017-08-09 11:20 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2017-08-11 10:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

AnnaSmed - 2017-08-09 11:11 AM

I'm web developer, but I was thinking to learn something new and my question is that: Is it hard to learn Java? I know Java is very useful and it's good to know this programming language. I have tried to learn PHP but I found it hard to learn. I understand everything, but was hard to put the code together.
Anna,

Did you find Java itself complicated or O-O concepts complicated? PHP and Java are both C-like languages with Java being strong typed and PHP being weak typed. Apart from PHP's use of -> to de-reference anything, they are not too dissimilar in my opinion. As long as you can get your head around abstractive O-O design paradigms that it.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-10-10 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Karpour - 2014-05-03 8:03 PM

As requested, I wrote a quick tutorial for getting started with developing applications using PersonalJava!

http://www.ohnitsch.net/2014/05/03/personaljava-tutorial/

After 4 years, I came to realize how much of an impact your tutorial has.

It can create years and years of future for H/PC world.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2018-11-03 9:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Thank you! I plan on making a more elaborate article on PersonalJava in the future, to preserve the information for creating quick and easy applications for Handhelds!

Being mainly a Java programmer, I never tried Embedded Studio, but I would also like to try my hand at that and document it, including setting it up inside a VM on a minimal XP installation!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-11-04 5:59 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am also a bit of a Java programmer myself.

I code for App Engine, Android with Eclipse, etc.
Kotlin is something I want to try.

-stingraze
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 29