x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Games You Play 2014

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hi guys,

I am curious to what kind of games you like to play on console (PS3, Xbox 360, Famicom etc.) and mobile / mobile game console (including H/PC, Pocket PC, Android).

I play SINGULARITY, America's Army, X-men game on Gameboy color, Donkey Kong, etc.

I'm really a light gamer, lol

One game I played is Virtual Girlfriend on my iPad mini Retina lol. It's kinda hard and really not for me. lol

I am thinking of making a puzzle like game for Android / Handheld PC so stay tuned

Edited by stingraze 2014-07-18 9:39 AM
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 3:22 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

well, me too, not too much into gaming nowadays.
i still stick to the game and watch series running on GB emulator for android.
one of the best that i played a lot is Battlecity ,you know,
I used to clear all the stages, but with the android's fast processor, it's taking a lot more to win over the cpu.
I find it ever more challenging running Battlecity on android emulator....other than that, never did like any of the newer game apps developed specifically for Android itself.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 3:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The thing I play on: PC.

The games I play: CS1.6, HalfLife1.

Edited by Alt Bass 2014-07-18 3:52 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 6:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm still into simple mind games like Sudoku and that word puzzle game Rich tracked down, Wordle. Once in a great while on my PC I'll play an old 2D video game ROM for MAME like Gauntlet 2, Frogger, or Rally-X. (Boy, I'm sure showing my age, aren't I? )
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

roychanyl - 2014-07-19 12:22 AM

I used to clear all the stages, but with the android's fast processor, it's taking a lot more to win over the cpu.
I find it ever more challenging running Battlecity on android emulator....other than that, never did like any of the newer game apps developed specifically for Android itself.

Battlecity reminds me of the game, Daisenryaku, which means "Grand Strategy" for Gameboy.

My grandfather who passed away when I was 9 gave me a Gameboy pocket.

Alt Bass - 2014-07-19 12:51 AM

Counter Strike, cool. I played a lot of Call of Duty and Battlefield series in my teens, I remember. I never played HalfLife. Is it fun?

Edited by stingraze 2014-07-18 10:45 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-18 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

roychanyl - 2014-07-19 12:22 AM

Battlecity reminds me of the game, Daisenryaku, which means "Grand Strategy" for Gameboy.

My grandfather who passed away when I was 9 gave me a Gameboy pocket.

CE Geek - 2014-07-19 3:16 AM

I'm still into simple mind games like Sudoku and that word puzzle game Rich tracked down, Wordle. Once in a great while on my PC I'll play an old 2D video game ROM for MAME like Gauntlet 2, Frogger, or Rally-X. (Boy, I'm sure showing my age, aren't I? )

Sudoku looks hard for me, I don't quite get it. I saw a screenshot of Gauntlet 2, it reminds me of Final Fantasy I which I play on Wonderswan Color.

Counter Strike, cool. I played a lot of Call of Duty and Battlefield series in my teens, I remember. I never played HalfLife. Is it fun?

Edited by stingraze 2014-07-18 10:47 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-19 7:38 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I never played HalfLife. Is it fun?

It is super fast if you are playing with good players. Most multiplayer maps feature power assist unit which allows you to rush across the map at great speed. Most multiplayer maps feature Gauss gun, one shot of which is sufficient to frag. Even more - you can wall bang with it. Even morer - you can use back blow to fly all over the map.

As there is no accuracy penalty while runnig and flying, the worst case gameplay looks like this: if you are moving in closed space you are fragged with a double-shot from pump shotgun by a player constantly jumping at a giant speed (one can concave the flying traectory with strafe and turn so jumping does not constrain players movement in closed space), and if you are moving in open space you are killed with Gauss gun at the moment. And if you are not, you are banged through the wall when you try to run.

I absolutely love the variety of weapons which are really different from each other.

Edited by Alt Bass 2014-07-19 7:46 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-19 12:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

What is a Gauss gun? Is it like ion cannon from Star Wars?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2014-07-19 12:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

https://www.google.ru/search?tbm=isch&q=gauss+gun+half+l...

It is basically a laser which needs to be precharged before firing. Does around 800 HP damage AFAIC.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-07-19 3:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I play chess and backgammon...and that's about it.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-07-19 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Reminds me of Portal 2 (I think).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 28