x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 8 Phone Experience

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2014-10-06 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've had 521 & a 635 ( well still have , they are in the electronic grave yard) the apps are just not as good as android offers, not to mention you can go from your phone, to your tablet to your tv box on android, dont get that with windows , At least yet.

Edited by thcrw739 2014-10-06 8:56 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2014-10-23 1:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

After dropping my old iphone 3gs for the gazillionth time, it finally died. Being in a pinch for a "quick phone cheap" i ordered the Lumia 520 (at&t branded) from walmart.com for 48.98. When i got it a few days later i tossed in my at&t compatible sim card from straight talk and bam! Back in business. Being a linux, android, freebsd, osx or anything non microsoft OS user for years i figured why not? It's $50! If i don't like it, it was cheap, no big loss. While i HATE windows 8 on the desktop (my moms computer i constantly have to clean out), i am quite ok with the 8.1 phone update. I never thought i'd say this, but i like this phone. Sure it's a bit older and lower spec'd by todays standards, but for $50 i can't complain. The apps available are good enough for me. I mean it IS a phone. I dont require 60 apps on my phone. I check email, facebook, stream internet radio stations while driving, check the weather, use the built in gps, make phone calls and text. Anything else is pointless and sucks battery life IMO. All in all, i'm happy with my $50 purchase. Will i go back to iOS or android when this phone eventually craps out? More than likely yes, but for right now windows phone 8.1 isn't that bad. Yes, i said it. Sue me. LOL

Oh, and Cortana sounds wayyy sexier than Siri.....

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-10-23 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've found that if I have a good web browser on a phone, that is all I want or need, cause I can then access everything I need from it. I've been happy with all the smartphones I've had....

Just wish I could afford the cellular service to go with them.

My current toy is a Samsung Galaxy S SCH-I500. It is amazing. Built in GPS, WIFI, BLUETOOTH. I bought an extended battery that came with a new back cover to compensate for the larger battery size...it will run on wifi for hours and hours. I can watch Youtube, surf the girlie sites, play games...everything. I even purchased a month of Skype for the telephone use when in a wifi hotspot. That works well too.

I'm thinking maybe of actually paying for cellular service and making this thing a real phone...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.154 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9