x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless Lan HP 728

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-08-13 6:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Possible that the card you have is not compatible with the Jornada.

You might have to purchase another one.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-18 12:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

That is correct. Only the model numbers 3CRWE62092B or 3CRSHPW196 cards will work on the Jornada. The A version you have has a different chipset and won't work.

I frequently used the B version of the card on my Jornada 728 long ago (with the Alpaxo drivers/utility of course). I also sold a number of them on eBay and never had any complaints. It looks like you could get one inexpensively in this eBay auction.

Edited by isotherm 2014-08-18 12:55 PM
 Top of the page
fscm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-23 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did purchase the card from ebay. Where do i get the drivers and utilities?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-08-23 7:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The best thing to do actually, is to check the HCL (hardware compatibility listing) on this website. (Click on the tap at the top of this page that says "support and tutorials". Then on the next page, click on the "hardware compatibility list" tab. Then accept the software agreement on the page that comes up. Then on the next page where it says please select a category, select networking and then scroll down and pick wireless network cards and then GO.

you will see all the pcmcia cards (and cf cards) that have been verified to work with HPCs.

You would look for the column that has HPC2000 and find one that shows a check mark.

Then you would go to eBay or where ever you like and then search for that particular card model number. But you have to be careful, for instance, you will see a lot of Orinoco Gold cards for sale on eBay. But that card was manufactured over the years by several people and there are a variety of hardware versions of it that all differ. Some are actually 32 bit cards...you can only use 16 bit cards. So be sure you find the correct model number.

One card that I've never had problems with is the Cisco Aironet 350. It works with every handheld I've ever used....and they are common and cheap.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-26 5:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The drivers for that specific card are at the bottom of this HCL page. (If the link doesn't work, be sure you click "11 Mbps Wireless LAN PC Card with XJACK Antenna" because for some reason the HCL has two entries for this model number.)

Once you get to that page, download and install both the driver (2.1.1) and the monitor (1.0.0).
 Top of the page
fscm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-28 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I installed the drivers and monitor.

I can't get internet explorer to work, tried various settings.
 Top of the page
fscm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-28 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I get Connection with the server cannot be established
 Top of the page
fscm Page Icon Posted 2014-08-28 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I think something has to be set up in the communication type. Don't see anything that would suggest a LAN.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10