x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Jornada 420 long delays in Tasks application

aab Page Icon Posted 2014-09-19 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I was using a Casio E-100 for To do lists and reminders and recently synced all data over to the HP Jornada 420 I recently got which I now use instead of the E-100.

Every few days when I go to the Tasks application I get an hourglass for 1-5 minutes before the application appears, this had never, ever happened (not even a 5 second wait time) on the E-100 or any other Palm Size PC. Is this a problem with the SH3 processor, or could the Tasks database somehow be corrupt? If it keeps doing these 1-5 minute delays every few days I'll probably stop using the Jornada 420 for this and go back to the E-100. I'm leaning towards it being related to the SH3 processor as it's my firs PSPC with this CPU type and my first PSPC to ever have these long delays.

Thanks

Edited by aab 2014-09-19 10:52 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-09-20 3:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't recall ever having this issue with my 430SE. I'd suspect a software problem, either with the database or the application. Looking at the Tasks Database using a database reader might give a clue. You can try Micro Cheng's Data:

http://www.micro-cheng.com/products/cedata.html
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9