x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AoE on fullscreen

miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2014-09-29 9:02 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Age of empires is really good game on jornada but it only runs on half of my screen. Using GAPI im able to stretch it fullscreen which doesnt look too awfull but the touchscreen doesnt stretch resulting in unpredictive taping on screen. Ive tried all touch settings in GAPI and still none of them works. Has anyone ever done that? Maybe nyditot could solve this but i have bad experience with that program. every time i use it im forced to hard-reset my device. Anyone has any idea?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-09-30 8:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I poked through the other threads I could find about AoE (at least one of which you also posted in a few years ago, so I see you've been working on this for a while ), and I can't tell for sure whether anyone solved this problem. (At least one other poster reported something similar.)
 Top of the page
miroslavus Page Icon Posted 2014-10-01 8:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

It works . i managed to make it work using nyditot. First i emulated 640x480 screen using nyditot. i set gapi like this:
in GAPI tab i set rotation 90deg and 2x scale.
in touch tab i set it to 90deg and VGA(1:2) ratio
in emulator tab checked use GAPI emulaor and 320x240 resolution.
this way the game is stretched to 640 x 480 resolution and then nyditot shrinks it back to fit the screen. because there is so much emulating going on the game runs terribly. I was having about 3fps . totally unplayable. at least it looks good and touchscreen works properly but the feedback and framerate are unacceptable. on top of that my keyboard isnt working because i used restore function on nyditot. im gonna stick to half screen Age of empires from now on
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-10-02 4:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There seemed to be a debate between using Nyditot or finding the right GAPI without using Nyditot. I guess the quest continues.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26