x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for any USB-Wifi module for WEC7

oxident Page Icon Posted 2014-10-20 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi!

I hope it's the right forum ;-)

Does anyone know any kind of USB WiFi device which works on WEC7?

I've been searching for weeks now and tried some RT2870 variants. Unfortunately, I only got a RT5370 device which doesn't seem to be completely compatible with the RT2870 design.
After adding its PID to the RT2870 registry hive, I've got the driver loaded but it won't detect any AP (and won't act as a Soft-AP when configuring the OpMode registry value to the appropriate setting).

The problem is that I have to use WEC7 because I haven't got a BSP for CE6.

Any ideas on this topic would be really helpful...

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-10-20 3:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think it is all in the drivers, and I don't know of any for WEC7. Most of those devices have built in wifi, i.e. the Sylvania netbooks.
 Top of the page
oxident Page Icon Posted 2014-10-20 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hmm, so you mean that support for any USB WiFi adapter might be gone for WEC7 because those boards normally have built-in modules?
That would be bad because my BeagleBoneBlack lacks such a built-in module :-(
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-10-20 7:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually I believe the Sylvania netbooks that run WEC7 have drivers for a particular Realtek wifi...but I'm not sure.

I do believe however, that you need to have a driver that is compatible with both your wifi hardware and operating system.

With that said, the US Robotics USB MaxG wifi adapter runs on some CE5 and CE6 devices without drivers...it uses NDIS support, which may or may not be supported by your version of WEC7.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-10-21 7:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

AFAIK, most CE 6 and WEC 7 devices have RT2870 drivers, but they're usually for built-in USB WiFi modules.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28