x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would a PSX emulator be possible on MIPS HPCs?

[Frozen]
Frozen
bungholio Page Icon Posted 2014-11-14 7:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I remember seeing a GB emulator for TI-8x graphing calculators that worked due to the fact that it had similar CPU and RAM requirements.

Perhaps it's possible on a Mobilepro or similar device due to the fact that the Mobilepro has a similar processor that also is several times as fast, as well as 16 MB RAM (actually 32, but 16 of them are reserved for the RAM disk.)

However, I don't think the Mobilepro has 3D hardware, so it might not be possible.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-11-14 1:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

While theoretically anything is possible, there is no PSX emulator for the Mobilepro in existence, nor do I think that anyone is really interested in developing one as it would be extremely intensive with little in the way of reward potential. Plus you can buy them often for less than $20...
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2014-11-19 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I know you are asking for CE but it MIGHT be possible to install and boot MIPS NETBSD and then compile one from source if there is not one in the MIPS repos already.

Following that, it MIGHT also be possible to port said UNIX MIPS PSX emulator back to CE using something like cegcc and hope/pray it works. Though, for now, I'd try MIPS NetBSD and see how that goes if you really need a PSX. Obviously it would also be emulating MIPS on MIPS So I imagine it would be slow.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10